You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
CORAIL® Hip System
First implanted in 19866 by the ARTRO Group in France, published evidence for the CORAIL Hip System proves that it is a class-leading hydroxyapatite (HA) coated cementless implant.1-8 In many markets it is considered the standard of care for primary total hip arthroplasty (THA) when compared with other cementless hip implants.5-8
The CORAIL Hip System
- Over 2.5 million CORAIL Stems sold worldwide since its introduction, across more than 30 years of clinical heritage.1
- Compaction broaching technique, aimed to preserve the blood supply to promote healing and growth of bone around the implant.
- The CORAIL Collared Femoral Stem in combination with the PINNACLE Acetabular Cup has been shown to have a 28% lower risk of revision when compared to all other cementless hips in the NJR.9
Offering a range of neck geometries and collars, CORAIL gives you a wealth of options in one system.
Sharing a similar procedure, CORAIL Revision Stem offers a conservative revision solution for your patients.
- Royalty COE, CORAIL WW implantations 2000 - June 2019.
- Hallan G, Lie SA, Furnes O, Engesaeter LB, Vollset SE, Havelin L. Medium and long-term performance of 11,516 uncemented primary femoral stems from the Norwgian arthroplasty register. J. Bone Joint Surg. 2007; 89-B: 1574-1580.
- Chatelet JC. Survivorship in 120 consecutice cases at 12 years. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 2004; 90(7): 628-635Chatelet JC. Survivorship in 120 consecutice cases at 12 years. Rev Chir Orthop Reparatrice Appar Mot. 2004; 90(7): 628-635.
- National Joint registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 16th Annual Report, 2019. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk.
- CORAIL PINNACLE documented implantations in the Registries 2019. DePuy Synthes Data on File.
- Orthopaedic Data Evaluation Panel. ODEP product ratings. Latest ODEP ratings can be found at www.odep.org.uk [Accessed January 2020].
- Norwegian Arthroplasty Register, Report 2019. Table 23.
- National Joint registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 16th Annual Report, 2019. Table 3.10. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk.
- Bespoke Implant report CORAIL Collared Stem-Pinnacle Cup vs Cementless NJR. Report can be accessed at http://www.corailpinnacle.net/resources.
- 2012 - 2014 CORAIL Hip System sales, data on file, DePuy International Ltd.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2021. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.