You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Bearings and Liners
DePuy Synthes liners are designed to work with the PINNACLE® Acetabular Cup System, providing a range of bearing technologies to provide surgeons the power to choose the precise combination that best meets the needs of each patient.
An approach to versatility offers more ways to bring together all the right components and materials for optimised performance. Choose a solution featuring one of three technologies1-5 available – MARATHON® Polyethylene Liners, ALTRX® Polyethylene Liners and CERAMAX™ Ceramic Liners.
High performance MARATHON Liners are available for all PINNACLE Cup sizes. The internal diameter ranges from 22 mm to 48 mm in line with specific corresponding cups diameters. The MARATHON Polyethylene Liners are available in different stability options: neutral, lipped, with 10 degrees of orientation and with 4 mm of extra thickness to adjust offset. Ask your local DePuy Synthes representatives for more information.
ALTRX polyethylene is available for PINNACLE cup sizes from an outer diameter of 44 mm onwards.
The internal diameter ranges from 28 mm to 48 mm in line with specific corresponding cups diameters. The ALTRX liners are available in different stability options: neutral, lipped, with 10 degrees of orientation and with 4 mm of extra thickness to adjust offset. Ask your local DePuy Synthes representatives for more information.
CERAMAX Ceramic-on-Ceramic (CoC) combinations are available in a PINNACLE Cup from an outer diameter of 44 mm onwards with a 28 mm head and from 52 mm outer diameter onwards with a 36 mm head, either for primary or revision cases.
Browse by Specialty
- McKellop H, et al.: Development of an Extremely Wear-Resistant Ultra High Molecular Polyethylene for Total Hip Replacements. J Orthop Res 1999; 17(2): 157-166.
- McKellop H, et al.: Wear of Gamma-Crosslinked Polyethylene Acetabular Cups against Roughened Femoral Balls. Clin Orthop Rel Res 1999; 369: 73-82.
- Liao, Y.-S., Greer K, et al. “Effects of Resin and Dose on Wear and Mechanical Properties of Cross-linked Thermally Stabilized UHMWPE.” Society for Biomaterials, the 7th World Biomaterials Congress, Sydney, Australia, 2004.
- Greer K. and Sharp,M. “Comparison of crosslinked UHMWPE stabilized by sequential annealing or by remelting”. Orthopaedic Research Society 53rd Annual Meeting, Transactions Vol.32, Poster #1784, San Diego, CA, 2007.
- Engh C A et al: A randomized prospective evaluation of outcomes after total hip arthroplasty using cross-linked marathon and non-cross-linked Enduron polyethylene liners. J Arthroplasty 2006; 21(Suppl 2):17-25.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.