You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Delivering value to patients, surgeons and hospitals.
27.8% reduction in hospital LOS
(70 ± 3.3 vs. 97 ± 5.5 hours, p < 0.001)1
58% lower pain score at 2-week follow-up
(2.2 vs 5.2 p < 0.0001)2
30.8% score at 2-week follow-up lower narcotic usage on post-operative days1-3
(101 ± 12 vs. 146 ± 12 morphine equivalent dose, p = 0.010)1
CORAIL PINNACLE: Golden Standard linked to cost of revision
CORAIL Hip System
CORAIL Hip System has over 30 years of clinical heritage and demonstrates 93.7% Stem Survivorship at 30 Years.3 It is the most widely used primary hip stem construct with the PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System in the NJR.4 CORAIL Stems are offered in a variety of sizes to treat both primary and revision cases.
PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System
PINNACLE Acetabular Cup System has been provided to over 3 million patients worldwide since its introduction, across 15 years of clinical heritage.5 PINNACLE Acetabular Cups are offered in a variety of styles to treat both primary and revision cases.
ACTIS™ Total Hip System
ACTIS Total Hip System was designed for use in tissue sparing approaches like the Anterior Approach (although it can be used with traditional approaches) and demonstrates enhanced initial stability compared to collarless stems.6,7
CORAIL Collared Stem combined with PINNACLE Acetabular Cup has 28% less chance of revision vs all other cementless constructs in NJR.8
Supporting Operating Theatre Efficiency
KINCISE™ Surgical Automated System
OSI HANA® Table
JOINTPOINT® Hip Navigation System
MEDENVISION efficiency through standardisation
From recent Market Research, over 70% of Orthopaedic Surgeons confirmed that solutions to support operating theatre efficiency will play a very important role in the near future. For example: team training, the ‘time out’ concept, standardized and streamlined processes.9
Two key partnership specific to this area have recently been announced by DePuy Synthes.
Disclaimer: CE Mark Pending. The device(s) will not be marketed or put into service until it / they have been made to comply with the Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC) or Medical Device Regulation (2017/745) (as applicable) and are appropriately CE marked.
DePuy Synthes Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Assets of JointPoint, Inc. to Enhance Surgical Accuracy and Reproducibility in Hip Replacement.
The Gripper™ Assistant in a box
The Gripper™ allows the surgeon to control the retractor without extra help from an assistant. The Gripper™ allows a stable retractor positioning so that nursing staff can now be deployed much more effectively during other parts of the procedure or in preparation for or during other operations.
Study how orthostatic retractor placement can reduce operating time and post-operative inflammatory response during the learning curve of anterior approach.
EsySuit™ One minute draping system
Safe and user-friendly draping in less than 1 minute with the EsySuit™ The time needed to perform the surgery itself is usually fairly constant. The EsySuit™ delivers a positive contribution to the optimal use of the resources and the associated efficient functioning of the OR.
WORLD CLASS EDUCATION
World Class Professional Education
1. Webinar or Meeting
Duration: 2 hours
Attendees: Surgeon, Nurse(s), Management
2. Learn the EDA Approach
To complete in: 4 weeks
Deferred Live Surgery
ESY Concept Videos
DePuy Synthes VR in Hospital
3. ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ ESY Solution
Duration: 1 Day
Instructional Course for Team
VR Haptic Simulation
4. Learn from the Master
Duration: 1 Day
At EDA Reference Center (Surgeon and Nurse)
5. Visitation of a Master
Duration: 1 Day
Visitation of EDA Instructor Surgeon to Own Center
- Schweppe et al. Does Surgical Approach in Total Hip Arthroplasty Affect Rehabilitation, Discharge Disposition, and Readmission Rate? Surgical Technology International XXIII. 2013. Orthopedic Surgery, 219-227.
- Zawadsky MW, et al. “Early Outcome Comparison Between the Direct Anterior Approach and the Mini-Incision Posterior Approach for Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty: 150 Consecutive Cases.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 2014; (29): 1256-1260.
- Jacquot L, Bonnin MP, Machenaud A, Choteau J, Saffarini M, Vidalain JP. Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes at 25–30 Years of a Hip Stem Fully Coated With Hydroxyapatite. J Arthroplasty. 2018 Feb;33(2):482–490.
- National Joint registry for England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, 16th Annual Report, 2019. Table 3.9. Available from www.njrreports.org.uk.
- Royalty COE, PINNACLE WW implantations 2000 - June 2019.
- Demey G, Fary C, Lustig S, et. al. “Does a Collar Improve the Immediate Stability of Uncemented Femoral Hip Stems in Total Hip Arthroplasty? A Bilateral Comparative Cadaver Study.” JOA. 2011; 26(8): 1549–1555.
- Hamburg University Actis Cadaveric Stability Testing. Data on File (Adaptiv #103156243).
- Bespoke Implant report CORAIL Collared Stem-Pinnacle Cup vs Cementless NJR. Report can be accessed at http://www.corailpinnacle.net/resources.
- Olson Research Group. Market Research in THR. 2019