You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Clinical Information and Evidence
Minimally invasive or tissue-sparing orthopaedic procedures have gained attention as patients demand shortened recovery time and accelerated rehabilitation. Development of efficient, repeatable, tissue-sparing total hip replacement procedures is important.
The Anterior Approach, as described by Dr. Joel Matta, utilizes a tissue sparing philosophy. DePuy Synthes has collaborated with Joel Matta, M.D., to build a comprehensive training and education program around the Anterior Approach.
Anterior Approach Surgery Performed by Joel Matta, MD
Templating Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Incision and Initial Exposure
Incision and Initial Exposure Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Exposure Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Capsular Exposure Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Dislocation Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Neck Cut Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Acetabular Reaming Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Femoral Preparation Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Femoral Broaching Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Femoral Trialling Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Final Implantation Anterior Approach: Joel Matta MD
Corten Efficient Surgery
PINNACLE® Hip Solutions
PINNACLE® Hip Solutions is a modular cup system designed with a wide range of acetabular cup options, biological and mechanical fixation alternatives and advanced bearing technologies that allows surgeons the flexibility to choose intraoperatively from among the most advanced technologies available depending on their patients’ individual needs. The PINNACLE Cup celebrated 15 years of clinical heritage in 2015 and over 3 million cups1 have been provided to patients worldwide.
TRI-LOCK® Bone Preservation Stem
The original TRI-LOCK Stem was introduced in 1981. This implant was the first proximally coated tapered-wedge hip stem available to orthopaedic surgeons and their patients. Since its introduction, the original TRI-LOCK Stem has demonstrated 95% survivorship at 10 years.2,3,4,5
The reduced lateral shoulder, thin geometry and optimised length of the TRI-LOCK Bone Preservation Stem are designed to reduce the amount of bone removed from the patient. These same features, along with approach enabling instrumentation, allow the surgeon to perform minimally invasive techniques.
ACTIS™ Total Hip System
The ACTIS® Total Hip System is the first DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson stem specifically designed to be utilized with tissue sparing approaches, such as the anterior approach, as well as traditional approaches. The implant and instrumentation are designed to balance ease-of-insertion and may potentially provide improved implant stability.6
CORAIL® Total Hip System
With more than 2 million stems7 provided for patients worldwide and thirty years of clinical heritage, the CORAIL® Total Hip System now has the most extensive experience with a hydroxyapatite (HA) coated stem. Combining basic design features including shape, surface finish and extensive hydroxyapatite coating, with a simple compaction broach-only surgical technique, the CORAIL Total Hip System has demonstrated reproducible results and long-term biomechanical joint restoration.
1. TSM Report, PINNACLE WW implantations YTD, 2001 - 2018.
2. Burt CF et al. A Femoral Component Inserted without Cement in Total Hip Arthroplasty. A Study of the TRI-LOCK Component with an Average Ten Year Duration of Followup. J. Bone Joint Surg. 1998; 80-A:952-60.
3. Purtill JJ et al. Total Hip Arthroplasty Using Two Different Cementless Tapered Stems. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2001; 393:121-127.
4. Teloken MA et al. Ten to Fifteen Year Follow-up After Total Hip Arthroplasty with a Tapered Cobalt-Chromium Femoral Component (TRI-LOCK) Inserted without Cement. Bone Joint Surg. 2002; 84-A:2140-2144.
5. Sakalkale DP et al. Minimum 10 Year Results of a Tapered Cementless Hip Replacement. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 1999; 362:138-144.
6. Hamburg University Actis Cadaveric Stability Testing. Data on File
7. TSM Report, CORAIL WW implantations YTD, 1986 - 2017.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.