You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Our surgical stapling portfolio addresses the challenges of tissue thickness, tissue movement during firing, staple line security, and tissue tension with the objective of providing greater stapling precision in surgery.
The ECHELON CIRCULAR Powered Stapler provides 61% fewer leaks at the staple line without compromising perfusion compared to the Medtronic manual DST Series EEA Stapler.1*
Delivers precise compression with a 33%reduction in compressive forces on tissue compared to the Medtronic manual DST Series EEA Stapler.2#
Provided greater stability with 37% less distal tip movement during firing compared to Medtronic’s manual DST Series EEA Stapler.3†
Produces 21% more comprehensive compression and reduces potential leak paths compared to the Medtronic DST Series EEA Stapler.4‡
The ECHELON CIRCULAR Powered Stapler significantly reduces force to fire by 97% with powered,push button firing compared to the Medtronic manual DST Series EEA Stapler.5¥
All Surgical Stapling Products
Shaping the future of surgery
At Ethicon, we’re focused on improving health outcomes for patients and helping solve the greatest health challenges… with meaningful innovation. The kind that led to the creation of the first sutures, helped revolutionize surgery with minimally invasive procedures and elevate the standards of care around the world.
*Benchtop testing in porcine tissue ≤30mmHg (26mmHg average pressure experienced during intra-operative leak test), comparing Ethicon CDH29P to Medtronic (Covidien) manual EEA2835 (p<0.001) and preclinical perfusion model, in which perfusion was not significantly different between devices.
#Benchtop testing on porcine colon, comparing Ethicon CDH29P to Covidien (Medtronic) manual EEA2835, p<0.001.
†Users firing in a porcine model, comparing Ethicon CDH29P to Medtronic Covidien EEA2835, p=0.003.
‡Staple line analysis in benchtop testing, comparing Ethicon CDH25P to Covidien (Medtronic) manual EEA2535.
¥Benchtop testing, comparing Ethicon CDH29P to Medtronic Covidien EEA2835, p=0.001.
§Challenging tissue—thick, fragile, and varying thickness and density
¶Versus leading staplers on the market as of October 2017. Leading staplers/transecting devices refers to the Endo GIA Curved Tip Reload with Tri-Staple Technology and the ECHELON FLEX Powered Stapler.
**Based on articulation data from IFUs of each device. If comparator is not clear from claim or context: Compared to the Endo GIA Curved Tip Reload with Tri-Staple technology. Based on articulation data from IFUs of each device
##Benchtop testing on porcine rectum. Normalized mean tissue movement along the cut line from before clamping on tissue to after firing the CONTOUR Curved Cutter Stapler (CS40G) vs ENDO GIA ULTRA Handle (EGIAUSTND) and Endo GIA Radial Reload with Tri-Staple Technology (EGIARADMT) on 2.1mm to 2.9mm thick tissue. 3.8mm (9.4%) vs 17.4mm (32.5%), p<0.001.
‡‡ System components include ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler and ECHELON ENDOPATH™ Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology
1. Ethicon, PRC077848 Leak Claims Testing, October 2016, Data on File. Ethicon, PSB004557 A comparison of staple line perfusion between 29mm ECHELON CIRCULAR Powered Stapler (CDH29P) and 28mm DST Series EEA Circular Stapler (EEA2835), November 2016, Data on File (114092-190513 EMEA)
2. Ethicon, PRC078621 Echelon Powered Circular Gentler Handling Test Completion Report, January 2017, Data on File (115224-190528 EMEA)
3. Ethicon, PRC078105 Distal Tip Movement Claims Testing, November 2016, Data on File (114093-190513 EMEA)
4. Ethicon, PRC078258A Even Compression Claims Testing, November 2016, Data on File (115263-190528 EMEA)
5. Ethicon, PRC078173A Reduced Force to Fire Claims Study, November 2016, Data on File (115898-190605 EMEA)
6. Ethicon, PRC068229A ECHELON FLEX Powered Vascular Stapler Commercial Claim Sub-Completion Report 1, Sep 2014, Data on file (113313-190502 EMEA, 117223-190624 EMEA
7. Ethicon, PRC067966A ECHELON FLEX Powered Vascular Stapler Commercial Claims Completion Report 2, Oct 2014, Data on file (113316-190502 EMEA)
8. Ethicon, PSB004375A - Evaluation of Tissue Movement during Stapler Firing: Contour versus, Feb 2016, Data on file (117235-190624 EMEA, 117234-190624 EMEA)
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.