You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
DYNACORD Suture is a high-strength orthopaedic suture that is designed to minimize suture laxity in order to preserve consistent approximation while maintaining footprint compression.1,2
DYNACORD Suture is specifically designed to shorten when compression is lost, thereby minimizing gap formation.1,3
Axial contraction allows DYNACORD Suture to mitigate suture laxity, creep, knot slippage or the loss of compression due to load spikes*.1,4,5
Features & Benefits
Self-tensions When Compression Is Lost
DYNACORD is designed to preserve consistent tissue approximation while maintaining footprint compression.1,2
Increased knot security compared to the main Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) competitor suture tested.4
In an in-vivo ovine tendon repair model, DYNACORD Suture showed no strangulation nor necrosis of the tissue.3
High-strength & Permanent
DYNACORD is a permanent suture, providing comparable strength to traditional (UHMWPE) sutures tested.6
DYNACORD exhibits 28% less abrasiveness than the main competitive suture as measured in an ovine infraspinatus in-vitro test.7
*Animal and bench testing results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance
1. DePuy Synthes. Approximation Force Design Verification Report. Ref# 103394861.
2. Compression Study, Notebook 2017-14 p 45-50.
3. Favorito P. J., et al. Safety evaluation of a laxity-minimizing suture at 5 days and 6 weeks after repair of a sheep infraspinatus tendon. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019 Jan;28(1):164-169.
4. DePuy Synthes. Results of Knot Security Evidence Generation Study. Notebook 2017-14, p.20-22.
5. DePuy Synthes. Results of Cycling Load Evidence Generation Study. Notebook 2017-06 page 86,89. Notebook 2017-11 page 19,51.
6. DePuy Synthes. Tensile Strength Evidence Generation Study. Study Report #103407084.
7. DePuy Synthes. Tissue Abrasiveness Evidence Generation Study. Study Notebook 2017-14; p. 23-25.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2019. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners