You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw offers more efficiency and has demonstrated stronger sealing than LigaSure Maryland1-3*
Features & Benefits
More tissue per bite4¥
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw can capture more tissue per bite with a 16% longer jaw and 9% wider jaw aperture compared to LigaSure™ Maryland1,2≠
Curved, tapered tip designed for fine dissection5,6
Stronger Sealing Capabilities3**
Vessels sealed with ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw had a 22% higher average burst pressure than vessels sealed with LigaSure Maryland. 3**
More secure grasping7***
32% stronger distal tip grasping compared to LigaSure Maryland7***
360o Continuous Shaft Rotation8,9
ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw has 360° shaft rotation to enable access to targeted tissue8,9
ENSEAL X1 Tissue Sealers are designed to be comfortable and intuitive to use9
*ENSEAL™ X1 Curved Jaw has a longer jaw, longer cut length and wider jaw aperture compared to LigaSure Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001). In benchtop testing on porcine arteries, vessels sealed with ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw had a 22% higher average burst pressure than vessels sealed with LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937), (1055mmHg vs. 862mmHg, p < 0.001).
¥ENSEAL™ X1 Straight Jaw Tissue Sealer can capture, seal and transect a longer length of tissue per single activation due to a 7% (or 1.3mm) longer jaw (p < 0.001), a 17% (or 2.3mm) wider unbiased jaw aperture (p < 0.001) and a 11% (or 1.8mm) longer cut length (p < 0.001) compared to LigaSure™ Blunt Tip (LF1837).
≠Based on metrology data, ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer has a 16% (or 3.4mm) longer jaw than LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001) and ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer has a 9% (or 1.15mm) wider jaw aperture than LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001).
**Comparison of ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937). Benchtop testing on porcine arteries (1055mmHg vs. 862mmHg, p < 0.001).
***Grasping force measured as the maximum amount of force required to pull porcine jejunum from the distal tip of device jaws. Comparison of ENSEAL X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001)
1. Ethion, Project Floyd: Claims Metrology Report, June 2018, PRC079564B (145171-200630, 145041-200629)
2. Ethicon, Floyd Relaunch Claims Metrology, June 2020, PRC095763A (145171-200630, 145041-200629)
3. Ethicon, Floyd Relaunch Claims Ex-Vivo Sealing, June 2020, PRC094697A (145171-200630, 145069-200629)
4. Ethicon, PRC079564B, Project Floyd Claims Metrology Report, June 2018, Data on File (153299-200917)
5. Ethicon, DOC023555A, A Floyd Claims Memo - Industrial Design, July 2018, Data on File (152450-200909)
6. Ethicon, DOC024721A, Floyd Marketing Claims Memo, Jan 2019, Data on File (152450-200909)
7. Ethicon, Floyd Relaunch Claims Grasping Force, June 2020, PRC096063A (145160-200630, 149828-200813)
8. As Per Instructions For Use (152441-200929)
9. Ethicon, DOC023555A, A Floyd Claims Memo - Industrial Design, July 2018, Data on File (152441-200929 155022-201006)
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.