You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
GLOBAL™ APG+ (Anchor Peg Glenoid)
The patented GLOBAL™ APG+ (Anchor Peg Glenoid) achieves immediate stability with the three minimally cemented peripheral pegs and provides a proven method of fixation1 through an interference fit of the central peg. The central peg facilitates bony integration around the flutes for increased fixation strength.
The Anchor Peg Glenoid is available in PREMIERON™ X-Linked Polyethelene - the brand name for our moderately cross-linked polyethylene.
Features & Benefits
Central interference fit and angled peripheral pegs for immediate mechanical stability1
The Anchor Peg Glenoid design is optimised for use with the DePuy Synthes GLOBAL™ Shoulder System.
Moderately cross-linked polyethylene
- Gamma-radiation followed by thermal treatment forces molecular recombination, enhances material consolidation and eliminates free radicals, making moderately cross-linked polyethylene oxidatively stable2.
- In shoulder simulator testing, moderately cross-linked polyethylene material demonstrated an 85% wear reduction over conventional manufactured and sterilized material,3 reducing the chance of particulate debris generation.
Improved fixation strength over time following proven in-growth around peg flutes1.
DePuy Synthes recommends SMARTSET™ GHV Gentamicin Bone Cement for use with the Anchor Peg Glenoid.
1. Wirth MA, Korvick DL, Basamania CJ, Toro F, Aufdemorte TB, Rockwood CA, Jr. Radiologic, mechanical, and histologic evaluation of 2 glenoid prosthesis designs in a canine model. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2001;10:140-148.
2. Wirth MA, Klotz C, Deffenbaugh DL, McNulty D, Richards L, Tipper JL.Cross-linked glenoid prosthesis: a wear comparison to conventional glenoid prosthesis with wear particulate analysis. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2009;18:130-137.
3. Data on file at DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. WR#030290.
Indication Statement For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2019. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners