You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
GLOBAL ICON™ Stemless Shoulder System
The GLOBAL ICON™ Stemless Shoulder System is indicated for use as a Total Shoulder Arthroplasty. It is designed to achieve peripheral fixation where the bone quality and density has been demonstrated to be superior to central bone.1,2
Features & Benefits
- Designed to provide rigid metaphyseal fixation, despite the absence of a traditional stemmed component
- Designed to achieve peripheral fixation where the bone quality and density has been demonstrated to be superior to central bone.1,2
Anatomically-designed humeral head sizes and a broad range of peripherally-fixated Anchor Plate components
- Natural epiphyseal structure, or best-fit circle reconstruction, can be created to reestablish the patient’s inclination, offset and retroversion.
- Designed to enhance soft tissue balancing and stability4
Simplified surgical procedure and streamlined instrumentation
- Designed to potentially improve operating room efficiency through its simplified surgical procedure
- 73% fewer surgical steps3
- 56% fewer instrument passes compared to a traditional stemmed shoulder prosthesis3
Combination of a bone-conserving device with streamlined instrumentation
- Designed to be bone-preserving, removing an average of 88% less bone than a traditional stemmed device5
- The use of a bone-conserving device, in concert with streamlined instrumentation, combines to potentially increase surgical efficiency and reduce blood loss on a primary procedure.
1 Barvencik, F., et al. (2010, January). Age- and sex-related changes of humeral head microarchitecture: Histomorphometric analysis of 60 human specimens. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 28(1), 18-26.
2 Liew, A.S.L., Johnson, J.A., Patterson, S.D., et al. (2000). Effect of screw placement on fixation in the humeral head. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 9, 423-426.
3 Comparison of Surgical Steps and Instrument Passes with Global AP. Data on file, DePuy Synthes, Inc., Warsaw, IN. 103235041.
4 Alolabi, B., Youderian, A.R., Napolitano, L., Szerlip, B.W., Evans, P.J., Nowinski, R.J., Ricchetti, E.T., Iannotti, J.P. Radiographic Assessment of Prosthetic Humeral Head Size after Anatomic Shoulder Arthroplasty. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 1740-746. Print.
5 Global ICON Design Verification – Bone Conserving Comparison to Global Advantage. Data on file, DePuy Synthes, Inc., Warsaw, IN. 103080819.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU and Surgical Technique.
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2019. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners