You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
GLOBAL UNITE™ Shoulder System
The GLOBAL UNITE Platform Shoulder Arthroplasty System, a modular shoulder system that provides surgeons adaptability within the Operating Room without compromising recognised biomechanical principles.
In the event that the patient’s pathology indicates that a GLOBAL UNITE System conversion to a reverse shoulder is required for patients with a grossly deficient rotator cuff, the conversion can be accommodated without compromising biomechanics. Removal of the proximal body makes provision for the epiphysis to be attached to a well-fixed distal stem within the humerus at the proper height and version to optimise deltoid function.1
Features & Benefits
- Proximally porous-coated titanium alloy stems
- Sizes 6 – 16mm
- Standard and long lengths
- Ability to convert to DELTA XTEND™ without compromising the biomechanics of the reverse shoulder in patients with a grossly deficient rotator cuff
- Converts to DELTA XTEND
- 3 proximal body heights in sizes 10, 12, 14 and 16
- Ability to match the most suitable proximal body with any stem
- POROCOAT™ Porous Coating to facilitate bone integration
- Suture collar facilitates tuberosity positioning and fixation
- Porous coated bodies available in 4 sizes (10, 12, 14, 16) that can be mixed and matched across all stem sizes to allow the surgeon flexibility in treating the fracture
- All body sizes are available in 3 height configurations (-5, -0, +5) designed to allow proper anatomic restoration of the tuberosities when the distal stem is used in a press-fit configuration
Modular Suture Collars
- Modular suture collars allow the anatomic placement of the tuberosities and suture fixation
Conversion to Reverse Total Shoulder
- GLOBAL UNITE System allows conversion to a Reverse Total Shoulder Prosthesis through the removal of the proximal body and use of DELTA XTEND Epiphyseal and Glenoid Components in patients with a grossly deficient rotator cuff
Surgical Technique Guides
1. Boileau P, Watkinson DJ, Hatzidakis AM, Balg F. Grammont Reverse Prosthesis: Design Rationale and Biomechanics. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2005;14:S147-S161
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2021. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners