You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
HARMONIC FOCUS+ Shears
The HARMONIC FOCUS+ Shears with Adaptive Tissue Technology seals vessels with the same strength that you have come to expect from the HARMONIC FOCUS Shears.1*
Features & Benefits
Thinner Distal End
The active blade of HARMONIC FOCUS+ is 37% thinner than LigaSure Exact at the distal end/tip.2†
The clamp arm of HARMONIC FOCUS+ is 10% thinner than LigaSure Exact at the distal end.2*
The overall jaw height of HARMONIC FOCUS+ is 22% thinner/shorter than LigaSure™ Exact at the distal end2‡ 98% wider jaw aperture than LigaSure™ Exact2§
Wider Jaw Aperture
98% wider jaw aperture than LigaSure Exact3§
Designed For Improved Surgical Visibility And Precision4¥
Based on a pre-clinical study, HARMONIC Focus+ Shears causes 19% less mean lateral thermal spread compared to LigaSure™ Small Jaw.5‡‡
*As exhibited in an animate, porcine vessel model - 63/64 (HAR9F) vs. 31/32 (FCS9) seals passing blood pressure challenge, p=1
†Metrology study comparing the width of the clamp arm at the distal end for Harmonic™ FOCUS+ and LigaSure Exact (1.9812mm vs 2.193mm)
‡Metrology study comparing distal jaw height of Harmonic™ FOCUS+ vs LigaSure™ Exact (2.8194mm vs 3.615mm)
§Metrology study comparing the jaw aperture of Harmonic™ FOCUS+ vs LigaSure™ Exact (23.368mm vs 11.830mm)
¥Smartscope measurement of estimated aerial surface area of distal end of clamp arm and blade outer tube housing (n=1)
‡‡As exhibited in a preclinical porcine mode. Mean lateral thermal spread 1.68mm (HAR9F) vs. 2.07mm (SJ), p+0.009) (PSP003870)
1. Ethicon, PCSD002688B, HARMONIC HAR9F Shears: Design Verification Acute Study in the Pig, Sept 2013, Data on File (128409-191126)
2. Ethicon, PRC087304B, HAR9F Dimensional Comparison, Dec 2018, Data on File. (118896-190718, 118895-190718, 118897-190718, 118898-190718)
3. Ethicon, PRC087304B, HAR9F Dimensional Comparison, Dec 2018, Data on File (118898-190718)
4. Ethicon, PRC073673B, Olympus Thunderbeat Fine Jaw Dimensional Comparison, Jan 2016, Data on File (115418-190529)
5. Ethicon, PSP003870A, Nighthawk Thermal Damage Statistical Analysis, March 2014, Data on file (119249-190724)
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.