You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
MEGADYNE™ E-Z CLEAN™ Electrosurgical Electrodes
E-Z CLEAN electrodes with PTFE coating are easily cleaned with a damp sponge.1
MEGADYNE E-Z CLEAN Electrosurgical Electrodes improve the OR experience.2
Features & Benefits
E-Z CLEAN Electrodes were designed to be more durable than blades coated with silicone.3
MEGADYNE E-Z CLEAN Electrosurgical Electrodes are designed to improve the OR experience.2
Provides a clean and consistent cut
E-Z Clean electrodes are designed to be evenly coated with high-grade PTFE for consistent coagulation across the entire surface of the blade.4
Full line of electrodes
Multiple tips and lengths to meet your surgical needs
MEGADYNE electrodes with extended insulation have only 4mm of distal tip exposure which may reduce alternate site thermal injuries.5
E-Z Clean electrodes with a protective nose cone may minimize the risk of thermal injury caused by moisture-induced alternate current pathways.6
1. Ethicon, 02052017, MEGADYNE™ PTFE coating claims engineering rationale, May 2017, Data on File (131835-200206)
2. Kisch T, et al. Electrocautery Devices with Feedback Mode and Teflon-Coated Blades Create Less Surgical Smoke for a Quality Improvement in the Operating Theater, Medicine;2015;94(27) (134094-200305)
3. Ethicon, 01052017, Silicone in Electrosurgical Coatings, May 2017, Data on File (132064-200210)
4. Ethicon, 01052017, Silicone in Electrosurgical Coatings, May 2017, Data on File (132431-200214)
5. Ethicon, 6010071, Electrode, Stainless Steel, Flat Blade, Insulated Assembly, April 2016, Data on File (129229-191210)
6. As Per Instructions For Use (132246-200212)
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.