You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT was designed to prevent increased current concentration and limiting heat build-up to minimise pad site burns.1
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Reusable Patient Return Electrodes eliminate the need for small disposable sticky return pads
Easy to set-up - no skin prep required2
Environmentally friendly – reusable up to 24 months2,7,8*
Used in over 100 Million procedures3
Features and Benefits
Easy to set-up - no skin prep required.2
• No skin contact required2: May be used with a sheet and draw sheet between patient and pad.≤
• Can be used with patient warming devices2,4,6¥
• MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Reusable Patient Return Electrodes meet the requirements of the IEC 60601-2-2:2009 standard and are compatible with electrosurgical generators that also meet this standard.9-12†
The dual-cord option has two electrosurgical connectors, which allow one pad to be used with two separate electrosurgical generators at the same time
Environmentally Friendly – reusable up to 24 months2,7,8*
*compared to traditional "sticky" patient return electrode
¥Refer to Mega Soft™ and respective patient warming device IFUs
†Per internal research based on IEC 5th edition. Consult the IFU of the electrosurgical generator being used for further information, warnings and contraindications
≠As per the IFU the device is intended to be used up to 24 months as a reusable patient return electrode for patients from.35 kg (0.8 lb) and up (no maximum restriction)
≤As Per Instructions For Use
1. Ethicon, 2001/0021848A1, A capacitive reusable electrosurgical return electrode pad for use with electrosurgery, Jan 2001, Data on File (139011-200504)
2. As Per Instructions for Use (114181-190514, 116789-210723, 116780-190617, 118006-210723, 115396-210319)
3. Ethicon, 07082019, MegaSoft Sales and Procedures Calculation 2019, Aug 2019, Data on File (117766-210721)
4. Ethicon, 28022018, Universal Plus Equivalency Memo, Feb 2018, Data on File (116780-190617, 118006-210723, 115396-210319)
5. Ethicon, 25022019, Natural Rubber Latex Statement for Megadyne Products, Feb 2019, Data on File (117127-190621)
6. Ethicon, 11052017, Warming devices used with Megasoft, May 2017, Data on File (118006-210723)
7. Mega Soft Patient Return Electrode for use during monopolar electrosurgery available from https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/mtg11/chapter/2-The-technology.[accessed 11 May 2021] (116789-210723)
8. Borgmeier PR, Ricketts CD, Clymer JW et al, A Review of Capacitive Return Electrodes in Electrosurgery, Journal of Surgery. 2021; 9(1): 31-35 (116789-210723)
9. Ethicon, ENG-IOM-011, Universal Mega Soft test matrix, Nov 2016, Data on File (116775-190617)
10. Ethicon, ENG-IOM-017, Universal Plus and Universal Dual Plus Input/output Test Matrix, Dec 2018, Data on File (116775-190617)
11. Ethicon, ENG-IOM-013, Test Matrix, Input/Output Conformance, Project Universal Dual Mega Soft (UDMS) REF 0846, Dec 2014, Data on File (116775-190617)
12. Ethicon, 26082020, Mega Soft IEC Generator Compatiblity Report, Aug 2020, Data on File (116775-190617)
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.