You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Reusable Patient Return Electrode
Versatile and easy-to-use patient return electrodes designed to assist in a wide variety of electrosurgical procedures.1 Simply place MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Reusable Patient Return Electrode on the operating table and cover with a sheet and draw sheet.
Features & Benefits
MEGA SOFT has been used in over 100 million procedures worldwide.2 No adhesives - eliminates adhesive-related injuries.1,3 Can be used with patient warming devices.1,3,4* Latex free.5
Ease of Use
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Universal and Universal Plus Reusable Patient Return Electrodes can be used for any size patient1,3¥ in open, laparoscopic and robotic-assisted procedures. Easy to set-up; no skin preparation required.3 Compatible with most major brands of isolated electrosurgical generators.1,6±
Pressure Reduction and Comfort
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Universal Plus Reusable Patient Return Electrode is the newest addition to the MEGA SOFT family. It is a lightweight pressure reduction pad1,7,8,ii for easy handling in the OR. MEGA SOFT Universal Plus was designed with more cushion to increase patient comfort1 and to enhance pressure reduction as compared to MEGA SOFT Universal.1,7,8
MEGADYNE MEGA SOFT Reusable Patient Return Electrodes are environmentally friendly - reusable up to 24 months.3i MEGA SOFT reduces waste.3i
1. Ethicon, 28022018, Universal Plus Equivalency Memo, Feb 2018, Data on File. (115393-190529, 116780-190617, 118006-190704, 115396-190529, 117784-190702, 116660-190614, 115403-190529)
2. Ethicon, 07082019, Mega Soft Sales and Procedures Calculation 2019, Aug 2019, Data on File. (117766-190702)
3. As per Instructions For Use. (116780-190617, 118006-190704, 115396-190529, 114181-190514, 116789-190617)
4. Ethicon, 11052017, Warming devices used with Megasoft, May 2017, Data on File. (118006-190704)
5. Ethicon, 25022019, Natural Rubber Latex Statement for Megadyne Products, Feb 2019, Data on File. (117127-190621)
6. Ethicon, 14062017, Generator Compatibility Chart, June 2017, Data on File. (117784-190702)
7. Ethicon, ENG-RPT-406, Verification Testing I, Universal Mega Soft, Oct 2013, Data on File. (115403-190529)
8. Ethicon, 31072019, Megasoft Pad Weights Memo, July 2019, Data on File. (115403-190529)*Refer to Mega Soft™ and respective patient warming device IFUs
¥As per the IFU the device is intended to be used up to 24 months as a reusable patient return electrode for patients from .35 kg (0.8lb) and up (no maximum restriction)
±Per internal research
i. compared to traditional “sticky” patient return electrode
ii. compared to MEGA SOFT return electrode
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.