You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
PINNACLE® Hip Solutions
PINNACLE® Hip Solutions is a modular cup system designed with a wide range of acetabular cup options, biological and mechanical fixation alternatives and advanced bearing technologies that allows surgeons the flexibility to choose intraoperatively from among the most advanced technologies available depending on their patients’ individual needs. The PINNACLE Cup celebrated 15 years of clinical heritage in 2015 and over 3 million cups1 have been provided to patients worldwide.
Features & Benefits
Multiple Fixation Options
Initial and long-term component fixation are key to restore joint function. With the PINNACLE® Cup, fixation is achieved through 180° of either POROCOAT™, DUOFIX™ with Hydroxyapatite (HA) or GRIPTION™ Coatings.
The proven cementless coating fixation technologies2, 3, 4 are based on the outstanding clinical performance5, 6, 7 of POROCOAT Porous Coating, which was introduced with the AML™ Cup in 1977, with the DURALOC® Cup in 1980 and with the PINNACLE Cup in 2000. Therefore, it has been clinically tracked for over 30 years. The DUOFIX Fixation System was introduced with PINNACLE cups in 2003 being an evolutionary combination of POROCOAT Porous Coating and highly amorphous hydroxyapatite (HA).
Finally, in 2009 the GRIPTION Cup fixation technology emulated the reliable foundation of the POROCOAT Porous Coating being also an evolutionary development in implant fixation technology due to an advanced 3D structure6-11.
ALTRX Polyethylene is an ultra-low-wear polyethylene and an advanced option in alternative bearings. The specific manufacturing process is used to optimize the balance between wear reduction, mechanical integrity, and oxidative stability.
BIOLOX® delta Ceramic Heads
The technology of BIOLOX delta Ceramic Heads articulating on ALTRX Polyethylene Bearings provides an alternative solution for high-demand patients.
PINNACLE Hip Solutions provides a full spectrum of shell styles, liner offerings, and offset options to address a wide variety of patient anatomies.
1. TSM Report, PINNACLE WW implantations YTD, 2001 - 2018.
2. Onodera S, et al. Cementless total hip arthroplasty using the modular S-ROM prosthesis combined with corrective proximal femoral osteotomy. J Arthroplasty. 2006 Aug;21(5):664-9.
3. Mattingly DA. The S-ROM modular stem for femoral deformities. Orthopedics. 2005 Sep;28(9 Suppl):s1059-62.
4. Chiu KY, et al. Cementless total hip arthroplasty in young Chinese patients: a comparison of 2 different prostheses. J Arthroplasty. 2001 Oct;16(7):863-70.
5. Grobler GP et al. Ten-year results of a press-fit, porous-coated acetabular component. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2005;87:786-9.
6. Engh CA, et al. “Porous-Coated Total Hip Replacement.” CORR 298, 1994: 89-96.
7. Engh CA, et al. ‘The Odyssey of Porous-Coated Fixation’. J Arthroplasty 2002;17(4) 102-107.
8. Bobyn JD, Pilliar RM, Cameron HU, Weatherly GC. The optimum pore size for the fixation of porous surfaced metal implants by the ingrowth of bone. Clin Orthop 1980;150:263-270.
9. DePuy Internal Test Report: WR070146; 2007.
10. DePuy Internal Test Report: WR070125; 2007.
11. Frayssinet, P., et al. “Natural History of Bone Response to Hydroxyapatite-Coated Hip Prostheses Implanted in Humans.” Cells and Materials Feb. 1995: 125-138.
BIOLOX® is a registered trademark of CeramTec GmbH.
For product details such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions please consult the IFU.
For additional information, see also: www.corailpinnacle.net/pinnacle
© DePuy Synthes Companies 2019. All Rights Reserved.
This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content.
This site is for visitors from Europe, Middle East and Africa.
The third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners