You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
STRATAFIX Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Devices provide the wound-holding strength of interrupted suturing, with greater security and efficiency than continuous suturing.1-10 In pre-clinical studies, STRATAFIX Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Devices maintained tissue-edge approximation under tension even after 2 cuts to the device.11
1. Ethicon, 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. Data on File. May 2015.
2. Ethicon, AST-2012-0331. Tissue gapping under tension of porcine cadaveric skin incisions closed with Stratafix Spiral in comparison to Monocryl in both interrupted and continuous stitching patterns. Data on File. Aug 2012.
3. Ethicon, AST-2013-0056. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDSSize2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping. Data on File. April 2013.
4. Ethicon, AST-2012-0510. Performance Evaluation Memo. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Data on File. Dec 2012.
5. Vakil JJ, O'Reilly MP, Sutter EG, Mears SC, Belkoff SM, Khanuja HS. Knee arthrotomy repair with a continuous barbed suture: a biomechanical study. J Arthroplasty. 2011;26(5):710-713.
6. Eickmann T, Quane E. Total knee arthroplasty closure with barbed sutures. J Knee Surg. 2010;23(3):163-167.
7. Levine BR, Ting N, Della Valle CJ. Use of a barbed suture in the closure of hip and knee arthroplasty wounds. Orthopedics. 2011;34(9):e473-e475. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20110714-35.
8. Moran ME, Marsh C, Perrotti M. Bidirectional-barbed sutured knotless running anastomosis v classic Van Velthoven suturing in a model system. J Endourol. 2007;21(10):1175-1178.
9. Einarsson JI, Chavan NR, Suzuki Y, Jonsdottir G, Vellinga TT, Greenberg JA. Use of bidirectional barbed suture in laparoscopic myomectomy: evaluation of perioperative outcomes, safety, and efficacy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011;18(1):92-95.
10. Warner JP, Gutowski KA. Abdominoplasty with progressive tension closure using a barbed suture technique. Aesthet Surg J. 2009;29(3):221-225.
11. Ethicon, AST-2012-0331. Tissue gapping under tension of porcine cadaveric skin incisions closed with Stratafix Spiral in comparison to Monocryl in both interrupted and continuous stitching patterns. Data on File. Aug 2012.
© Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium 2018-2019.
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson Medical N.V., Belgium which is solely responsible for its contents and is intended for EMEA audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 22, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
*As of March 2017, per internal research conducted by Ethicon.