You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
STREAMLINED SUTURE PORTFOLIO
Our goal is to simplify and optimise our worldwide suture portfolio, positioning needle and suture combinations at the forefront of technology. This page explains some of the key features of our suture portfolio and highlights the value they deliver, so you can continue to Expect More from Ethicon.
Expect More From Ethicon’s Portfolio
Expect our needle portfolio to deliver innovation, with EthalloyTM needles designed to have more strength and more bend-resistance than stainless steel needles.* 1,2
Expect our suture portfolio to deliver innovation, with One-Step RelayTM Suture Delivery System designed to simplify needle arming.3
Expect our suture portfolio to deliver innovation, with MultipassTM silicone coated needles, designed for smooth, consistent penetration and reduced tissue trauma, pass after pass. 3,4
* Compared to conventional needle alloys.
1. Ethicon, EP07-0008, RB-1 and SH Value Taperpoint Needle Evaluation, Gearo G, Product R&D Technical Document, Nov 2007, Data on File.
2. Bendel LP, Trozzo L. Tensile and Bend Relationships of Several Surgical Needle Materials. Journal of Applied Biomaterials, 1992; 4-161.
3. Ethicon, 389065, Wound Closure Manual, Oct 2012, Data on File.
4. Thacker JG, Rodeheaver GT, Towler MA. Surgical Needle Sharpness. The American Journal of Surgery. 1989; 157:334-339.