You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
ObesityUK launches “The Reality of Obesity” podcast for World Obesity Day
To mark World Obesity Day, ObesityUK, a leading patient organisation, has launched a new series of podcasts, “The Reality of Obesity”, with the support of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies.
The Podcast series, hosted by Sarah Le Brocq, features a range of obesity and metabolic disease experts alongside guests who are living with obesity. It meets with the mission of World Obesity Day, which is to increase awareness, encourage advocacy, improve policies and share experiences.
“The Reality of Obesity” podcast series delves into the major topics surrounding obesity. The main aim is to empower and provide information to people living with obesity by raising awareness and unpacking the psychological factors and stigma associated with obesity.
There are five podcasts in the series, each will be launched every Thursday starting on World Obesity Day – 4th March 2021. The podcasts are available on Apple, Spotify and Goggle Podcasts. You can listen to the first episode here:
Below is an overview of the podcast series:
1. Podcast 1: Experiences of people living with obesity: this podcast features 4 people living with obesity who discuss their weight management experiences and provide insights into what it is like to live with obesity. Available from 4th March 2021
2. Podcast 2: The impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic on people living with obesity. In this podcast, we are joined by Dr Abd Tahrani of the University of Birmingham and Dr Adrian Brown of University College London who discuss the research evidence about how people living with obesity have been directly and indirectly impacted by the pandemic. Available from 11th March 2021
3. Podcast 3: Weight stigma and discrimination. In this podcast, we are joined by Professor Rebecca Puhl of the University of Connecticut, and Dr Stuart Flint of the University of Leeds who discuss the prevalence, impact and need to end weight stigma. Available from 18th March 2021
4. Podcast 4: Psychology of eating behaviour. In this podcast, we are joined by Professor Marion Hetherington and Professor Jason Halford, both of the University of Leeds who discuss the psychological mechanisms and influencers of eating behaviour. Available from 25th March 2021
5. Podcast 5: Weight management and obesity treatment. In this podcast, we are joined by Professor Francesco Rubino of Kings College London and Dr Sarah Appleton of the Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust who discuss the services and barriers to weight management and obesity treatment in the UK. Available from 1st April 2021
The podcasts were developed by ObesityUK with the financial support of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMD) but JJMD had no input into the editorial content of the series.