You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
DePuy Synthes has had a long-standing collaboration with Dr. Joel Matta, who has championed and evolved the Anterior Approach in the U.S. to what is now known as the ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ MATTA METHOD™ Hip Replacement, a defined, reproducible ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ Hip Replacement technique.
World-Class Education Opportunities
DePuy Synthes Companies offer ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ MATTA METHOD™ Hip Replacement specific THA courses including peer-to-peer training with hands-on cadaveric labs, didactic lectures, and interactive discussions. Additional support materials are available to assist participants throughout the entire learning process including a standardized surgical technique, clinical papers, filmed surgeries, OR visitations, and field specialist support.
Potential for Improved Outcomes and Increased Patient Satisfaction
ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ Hip Replacement uses a muscle sparing surgical technique and is associated with less pain1,2,3, faster recovery1, and reduced length of stay1,4 vs. traditional approaches. ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ Hip Replacement also shows cost reduction4,5 vs. traditional approaches.
Reducing Cost of Care
THA with the ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE™ MATTA METHOD™ Hip Replacement resulted in $6,200 cost savings per patient ($17,763 with ANTERIOR ADVANTAGE MATTA METHOD Hip Replacement vs. $23,969 compared to the cohort)6
- Barrett WP, et al. “Prospective Randomized Study of Direct Anterior vs Postero-Lateral Approach for Total Hip Arthroplasty.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 2013; (28): 1634-1638.
- Zawadsky MW, et al. “Early Outcome Comparison Between the Direct Anterior Approach and the Mini-Incision Posterior Approach for Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty: 150 Consecutive Cases.” The Journal of Arthroplasty 2014; (29): 1256-1260.
- Bourne MH, et al. “A comparison between direct anterior surgery of the hip (DASH) and the anterolateral (AL) surgical approach to THA: Postoperative outcomes.” 2010 AAOS New Orleans, LA, Poster #014
- Kamath A, Chitnis A, Holy C, et al. Medical resource utilization and costs for total hip arthroplasty: benchmarking an anterior approach technique in the Medicare population. J Med Econ. 2017; 1-7.
- Petis SM, et al. “In Hospital Cost Analysis of THA: Does Surgical Approach Matter?” The Journal of Arthroplasty 2016; (31)” 53-58.
- Miller LE, Martinson MS, Gondusky JS, Kamath AF, Boettner F, Bhattacharyya S. Ninety-day postoperative cost in primary total hip arthroplasty: An economic model comparing surgical approaches. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research. 2019; X-X.
Please refer to the package insert for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings.
For further information on DePuy Synthes products, please contact your local DePuy Synthes representative.