You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Life is dynamic.
Your suture should be too.
DYNA Suture Technology
Utilizing first-in-class technology, DYNACORD™ and DYNATAPE™ Sutures self-tension when needed* to provide continuous compression for at least 12 weeks.1,2
The Challenge and Our Solution to Suture Laxity
Rotator Cuff Repairs continue to fail at an alarming rate, with re-tear rates for large rotator cuff repairs ranging from 20-40% and re-tear rates for massive and significantly retracted rotator cuff tears up to 94%.3 Failure rates may be driven by tendons failing to heal at the tendon-bone junction or suture pulling through tendons.4
Peer-reviewed studies have demonstrated that knotted or knotless suture constructs may loosen soon after fixation.4,5* The lack of persistent footprint area pressure could diminish tendon to bone healing.5
Utilizing DYNA Suture Technology, DYNACORD™ and DYNATAPE™ Suture self-tension to provide continuous compression for at least 12 weeks.1,2*
Take the DYNA Challenge
See our technology in action for yourself. Request a demo and our Sales team will contact you shortly.
Suture Approximation Force Comparison
DYNACORD™ Suture, featuring DYNA Suture Technology, was shown to self-tension providing continuous compression for at least 12 weeks, while FiberWire® was shown to lose 52% of tension after 24 hours.1*
The construct providing continuous compression for at least 12 weeks1,2* with DYNA Suture Technology
* Animal and bench testing results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance.
1. DYNACORD Suture Approximation Force Report. 09/18/2017. ADAPTIV #103394861.
2. DYNATAPE Suture Approximation Force Report. 03/13/2020. ADAPTIV #103670396.
3. Bailey JR, Kim C, Alentorn-Geli E, et al. Rotator Cuff Matrix Augmentation and Interposition: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. The American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2019;47(6):1496-1506. doi:10.1177/0363546518774762
4. Burkhart S & Cole B. Bridging self-reinforcing double-row rotator cuff repair: We really are doing better. Arthroscopy. 2010; 26(5):677-680.
5. Mazzocca AD et al. Biomechanical evaluation of arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs over time. Arthroscopy. 2010; 26(5):592-596.
6. DYNATAPE Suture Compression Film Study. 10/12/2020. ADAPTIV #103742818.
7. DYNATAPE Suture vs. FiberTape Cheesewire Comparison. 09/24/2020. ADAPTIV #103732177.