You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
CERENOVUS Unveils New Data and Showcases Innovations Focused on Changing the Trajectory of Stroke at the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery 18th Annual Meeting
On-site experience will include scientific sessions with new clinical data, interactive product demonstrations, and educational symposia
IRVINE, CA – July 22, 2021 – CERENOVUS, an emerging leader in neurovascular care and part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies,* will showcase its latest innovations in stroke care at the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery (SNIS) 2021 Annual Meeting taking place in Colorado Springs, Colo. from July 26-29. CERENOVUS will announce new data during poster sessions and feature innovations across its ischemic and hemorrhagic portfolios that reflect the company’s continued commitment to changing the trajectory of stroke.
“Stroke can be a devastating event for patients and their loved ones, and survival depends on physicians treating their patients effectively and efficiently,” said Mark Dickinson, Worldwide President, CERENOVUS. “We’re looking forward to sharing our latest research and innovations with colleagues and industry leaders that build on our commitment to develop differentiated solutions based on physicians’ real-world stroke care experiences.”
Interactive Experiences in Booth #509
CERENOVUS will host a variety of interactive experiences at its booth, including hands-on demonstrations and education featuring technologies from its ischemic and hemorrhagic portfolios, including CERENOVUS Stroke Solutions™, which includes a suite of three devices, and TRUFILL® n-BCA Liquid Embolic System.
Key Poster Presentations
CERENOVUS is supporting four scientific poster sessions at SNIS 2021. One oral poster viewing session titled “Multimodal endovascular treatment of wide-necked aneurysms: Safety and Occlusion Outcomes from the STERLING Registry” will be held on Wednesday, July 28 from 10:30 – 11:15am MT. The study findings will be presented by Reade De Leacy, MD, Neurointerventional Radiologist, Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery and Radiology, Mount Sinai Health System and study co-primary investigator, on behalf of STERLING investigators.
Additional poster sessions will be available for viewing, including:
- Impact of COVID Related Restrictions on Clinical Trials – Insights the STERLING Registry by lead author Brian Jankowitz, MD, Neurosurgeon, Director of Cerebrovascular and Neuroendovascular Surgery and Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, on behalf of STERLING investigators
- A Prospective, Multi-Center, Randomized Controlled Pivotal Study to Evaluate the Safety and Effectiveness of TRUFILL® n-BCA Embolization of the Middle Meningeal Artery for the Treatment of Subdural Hematoma by lead author Chris Kellner, MD, Cerebrovascular Neurosurgeon, Mount Sinai Health and study co-primary investigator, on behalf of the MEMBRANE steering committee
- The EMBOTRAP Stent Retriever for Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke: Impact of Hospital Procedural Volume on Real World Outcomes, led by Shelly Ikeme, Global Head of Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) for Acclarent, Mentor & Cerenovus Companies
Featured Events On-Site
CERENOVUS is proud to sponsor events that bring together members of the neurointerventional community to discuss the latest advances in stroke care. All times are Mountain Standard Time.
- Monday, July 26:
- Optimizing Thrombectomy Success: The Benefit of Segmental Design (11:45am – 1:15pm) – Satoshi Tateshima, MD, neurovascular surgeon at UCLA Medical Center and Memorial Care Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach, will be presenting on the clinical benefit of using multiple devices to treat ischemic stroke.
- Tuesday, July 27:
- Live Interventional Demonstration (1:20pm – 1:45pm) – Physicians will demonstrate live on the main conference stage various techniques and technologies for treatment and management of large vessel occlusions including a demonstration with CERENOVUS devices.
- Wednesday, July 28:
- Run for Research! The SNIS Foundation 5K Fun Run (7:00am – 8:00am)
- TRUFILL® n-BCA, a Challenging Case and a New Journey (12:30pm – 2:00pm) – Ajay Wakhloo, MD, PhD, FAHA, Chair, NeuroInterventional Radiology, Lahey Health, and Professor at TUFTS University School of Medicine, will present challenging liquid embolic procedures and the benefits of using TRUFILL® n-BCA to treat cerebral arteriovenous malformations (AVMs).
- Women in NeuroIntervention Dinner (6:30pm – 9:00pm) – Internationally recognized author Sara Laschever will share tips on overcoming the obstacles women confront in the workplace, followed by an international neurointerventional panel focusing on practice specifics, differences and pathways.
CERENOVUS, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is an emerging leader in neurovascular care. Our commitment to changing the trajectory of stroke is inspired by our long heritage and dedication to helping physicians protect people from a lifetime of hardship. CERENOVUS offers a broad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. For more information, visit www.cerenovus.com and connect on LinkedIn and Twitter.
About Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies
As the world’s most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics, vision and interventional solutions, we’re working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com.
Cautions Concerning Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding CERENOVUS Stroke Solutions™, TRUFILL® n-BCA Liquid Embolic System, EMBOTRAP I and EMBOTRAP II. The reader is cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. These statements are based on current expectations of future events. If underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or known or unknown risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the expectations and projections of CERENOVUS, any of the other Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies and/or Johnson & Johnson. Risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: uncertainty of regulatory approvals; uncertainty of commercial success; challenges to patents; competition, including technological advances, new products and patents attained by competitors; manufacturing difficulties and delays; product efficacy or safety concerns resulting in product recalls or regulatory action; changes to applicable laws and regulations, including global health care reforms; changes in behavior and spending patterns of purchasers of health care products and services; and trends toward health care cost containment. A further list and descriptions of these risks, uncertainties and other factors can be found in Johnson & Johnson's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2019, including in the sections captioned “Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” and “Item 1A. Risk Factors,” and in the company’s most recently filed Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the company’s subsequent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Copies of these filings are available online at www.sec.gov, www.jnj.com or on request from Johnson & Johnson. Neither CERENOVUS, any of the other Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies nor Johnson & Johnson undertakes to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information or future events or developments.
* The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies comprise the surgery, orthopaedics, vision and interventional solutions businesses. CERENOVUS is part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies.
© CERENOVUS 2021