The COVID-19 pandemic is one of the greatest challenges to our society in living memory. We understand the pressures you have as a healthcare provider and the lengths to which you have sacrificed to help heal our communities. On behalf of Mentor, we offer our sincerest THANK YOU. We appreciate all you do and the sacrifices you make every day.
In terms of the recovery efforts, Mentor is committed to supporting you, your practice, your patients and our community as we navigate the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19. Today we announced a series of cash flow relief, patient acquisition, education and collaboration efforts designed to help you BREAKTHROUGH this pandemic. This U.S. program includes:
- An extension of payment terms on orders placed by May 31, 2020 for eligible private practice accounts in good standing.
- Opening enrollment in our EZ Order program that allows you to order what you need with no billing for 30 days.
- Special offers and digital collateral that private practices can use when offering Mentor products.
- Access to important webinars with marketing, financial, and health experts who discuss how to navigate through the complexities of COVID-19 via the Thriving: In the New Normal series, available on-demand here.
- A collaboration between Johnson & Johnson Institute and Advances in Surgery to provide valuable Covid19 training and critically important information that’s updated in real time as this dynamic situation unfolds. Click here to access the COVID-19 Community Hub.
Your representative and our customer team can provide you more details on the initiatives above; the customer team is available by phone Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm PST at 1-800-636-8678 or by email.
Beyond the important updates we’ve shared from our team at Mentor, below you will find additional updates on how we’re mobilizing the global reach, deep scientific expertise, extensive partnerships and financial stability of the Johnson & Johnson enterprise to address the critical needs of healthcare providers, families, and communities around the world. You can visit jnj.com/coronavirus to stay up to date on our Company’s actions.
Supporting Healthcare Workers on the Frontlines
- In March, the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies and the Johnson & Johnson Foundation committed $50 million to support and supply front line health workers - from meals to protective equipment, extra training to mental health.
- Johnson & Johnson, in partnership with the American Nurses Association, has produced a special 10-episode miniseries of the SEE YOU NOW podcast entitled “COVID-19: The Nurse Response”. This miniseries features inspiring stories on how nurses are rapidly innovating to meet the demands of patient care during this trying time. For more information, visit www.seeyounowpodcast.com and follow the social conversation at #SeeYouNow.
- Johnson & Johnson, Microsoft, Society of Nurse Scientist, Innovators, Entrepreneurs, & Leaders (SONSIEL) and dev up are hosting a free virtual hackathon, “NurseHack4Health: COVID-19” on May 15-17 to identify COVID-19 healthcare challenges and help solve them by applying technological solutions. Healthcare professionals, engineers and anyone else interested in real-time can learn more and register at www.nursehack4health.org.
Cash, Equipment and Product Donations
- Several of our manufacturing sites around the world have temporarily switched capabilities to produce hand sanitizer, which is being provided to our onsite R&D, manufacturing, and distribution employees, and also donated to health and community service workers on the frontlines of care.
- Currently there is a global shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE). As we don’t manufacturer PPE, we are not currently granting specific requests for PPE. We are partnering with state and local governments who are securing PPE for areas with the greatest need.
Our Road to a Vaccine for COVID-19
- A vaccine will be critical to ending the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re committed to bringing a safe and effective vaccine to the public on a not-for-profit basis for emergency pandemic use. Our vaccine development technology, deep scientific expertise and strong global manufacturing capabilities provide us a unique ability to rapidly develop vaccine candidates and upscale production to ensure we can get it in the hands of those who need it most as quickly as possible.
Our Efforts to Identify Potential Treatments for COVID-19
- Together with global partners, we are screening a library of molecules, including antivirals, in order to identify potential treatments that could contribute to providing immediate relief to the current pandemic.
Ensuring Access to the J&J Medicines and Solutions You Depend On
- Our global supply chain is taking all possible measures to ensure people have access to the Johnson & Johnson medicines, devices and consumer products they depend on. Thanks to dedicated employees around the globe and robust business continuity plans, we’re able to deliver for the one billion customers and patients who rely on our products during this unprecedented time.
Supporting the Safety and Well Being of Our Employees
- Our employees around the world remain focused on serving our patients, customers and their communities during these challenging times. We have directed employees who are able to work from home to do so and we are ensuring they have the technology available to fulfill their responsibilities. For employees who work in manufacturing, distribution centers, research and development (R&D), and other important areas that require on-site presence, we’ve implemented significantly enhanced sanitizing procedures to ensure we maintain safe and well-functioning facilities.
We are here to support you during this difficult time and well beyond as we emerge from this outbreak. Your sales representative will continue to be in contact with you to discuss the above information and answer any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to one of us with any questions or concerns.
Worldwide President, Mentor
| Chuck Hibbett
Vice President, US Sales & Marketing, Mentor