You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Balloon Sinuplasty In-Office
Office-based sinus dilation may be a compelling option for patients who decline or are ineligible for traditional OR-based surgery. With Balloon Sinuplasty In-Office, the procedure is often performed under local anesthesia and the majority of patients return to normal activity within two days of the procedure.1
- Restore normal sinus drainage and function without bone or tissue removal, which preserves future treatment options
- Consider the opportunity for earlier intervention when medical therapy has failed
- Perform Balloon Sinuplasty In-Office procedures within a comfortable office setting under local anesthetic
- Lower the financial burden for eligible patients (reduced copay and procedural costs)
Balloon-only ESS payment rates are appropriate and adequate to support BSP in the office setting.
Please contact the ACCLARENT Reimbursement Hotline ([email protected]) with your specific reimbursement questions.
The Acclarent Partnership
Acclarent has committed teams and programs to facilitate staff preparedness and ensure procedure and office transition success. Please contact a local Acclarent representative to learn more about the dedicated in-office programs and resources.
The ORIOS and ORIOS 2 office-based clinical studies have demonstrated high safety, effectiveness, tolerability, and patient satisfaction.1,2
See How It Works
Balloon Sinuplasty: Advanced Technology In Action
1. Karanfilov B, Silvers S, Pasha R, Sikand A, Sillers M; for the ORIOS2 study investigators. Office-Based Balloon Sinus Dilation: A Prospective, Multicenter Study of 203 Patients. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2013;3(5):404-411.Epub 2012 Nov 7
2. Albritton, F et al. "Feasibility of In-Office Endoscopic Sinus Surgery with Balloon Sinus Dilation." Am J Rhinol Allergy; 2012, 26: 1-6
Important Safety Information
ACCLARENT AERA® Eustachian Tube Balloon Dilation System is intended for use by physicians who are trained on Acclarent Technology.
Eustachian tube balloon dilation has associated risks, including tissue and mucosal trauma, infection, or possible carotid artery injury. Prior to use, it is important to read the Instructions for Use and to understand the contraindications, warnings, and precautions associated with these devices.
The RELIEVA CIRCA® Ethmoid Punch is an instrument for the excision of bone and soft tissue in the ethmoid sinus in adults, and is intended for use by or under the direction of a physician with experience in sinus surgery. The RELIEVA CIRCA® Ethmoid Punch use has described risks including unintended tissue trauma, bleeding and infection. Prior to use, it is important to read the Instructions for Use and to understand the contraindications, warnings and precautions described for this device.
Caution: Federal (US) law restricts the sale, distribution or use of these devices to, by or on the order of a physician. Third party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. This content is intended for audience within the US only.
Important information: Prior to use, refer to the instructions for use supplied with this device for indications, contraindications, side effects, warnings and precautions.
This site is published by Acclarent, Inc. which is solely responsible for its contents. It is intended for visitors from the United States.
© Acclarent, Inc. 2019. Last Updated on 11/18/2019