You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
LAP and LAP-Assisted LAR
Dividing the Mesentery and IMA
ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer
Designed for use in open or laparoscopic procedures, the ENSEAL X1 Large Jaw Tissue Sealer is a biopolar electrosurgical instrument that can enable more efficiency than LigaSure™ Maryland.1
Transect Distal End of Rectum
ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
The ECHELON FLEX GST System* controls tissue movement to enable you to transect as you intend even on the most challenging tissue.
ECHELON CIRCULAR™ Powered Stapler
The ECHELON CIRCULAR Powered Stapler is designed to reduce leaks without compromising perfusion—resulting in 61% fewer leaks at the staple line compared to the Medtronic DST Series™ EEA™ Stapler.†
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device is the only barbed suture that provides strong, secure closure appropriate for high-tension areas, such as fascia.2-7
* System components include ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler and ECHELON ENDOPATH™ Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology.
† Benchtop testing in porcine tissue ≤30mmHg (26mmHg average pressure experienced during intra-operative leak test), comparing Ethicon ECHELON CIRCULAR™ Powered Stapler CDH25P to Medtronic DST Series™ EEA™ Stapler EEA2535 (p<0.001) and preclinical perfusion model, in which perfusion was not significantly different between devices.
1. ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer can capture, seal and transect a longer length of tissue per single activation due to a 16% (or 3.4mm) longer jaw (p < 0.001), a 40% (or 5.0mm) wider unbiased jaw aperture (p < 0.001) and a 19% (or 3.6mm) longer cut length (p < 0.001) compared to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937). (093774-180619)
2. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
3. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX SYMMETRIC PDS PLUS Size 0 & 1 Devices – Initiation Strength in Porcine Tissue. AST-2013-0603.
4. AST-2013-0056 Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDSSize2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping.
5. Ethicon study PSE 09-0204, project number 11822. Exploratory histological and biomechanical evaluation of DOLFIN following closure of the ventral abdominal wall in a porcine model at 7±1 days. Approved on July 7, 2010.
6. Ethicon Performance Evaluation Memo AST-2012-0510. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Dated December 3, 2012.
7. STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.