You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
LAP Inguinal Hernia Repair
Insert and Position the Mesh
Advanced design to help optimize patient outcomes and ease of use in inguinal and ventral hernia repair.
Fixate the Mesh
ETHICON SECURESTRAP® Absorbable Strap Fixation Device
Market-leading fixation device provides superior acute fixation at various deployment angles.1* Allows for appropriate tissue capture and penetration to provide superior acute fixation holding at various deployment angles.2-5†
Close the Peritoneum, If Required
STRATAFIX™ Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX™ Spiral & Spiral Plus offer a broad range of unidirectional and bidirectional devices, offers the smooth glide of a traditional suture.6-10
Apply Topical Skin Adhesive to Port Site
DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive is a wound closure device that adds strength when used in conjunction with deep dermal stitches after surgery, provides a protective barrier11,12 and demonstrated in vitro inhibits bacteria13.
*As shown in benchtop in porcine flank tissue.
†As shown in a preclinical study.
1. May 2013 – Fixation Share Update.
2. Cardinale M. Angle fire competitive test. AST 2010-0199.
3. Shnoda P. 28 day mesh fixation study of the ETHICON SECURESTRAP™ Fixation Device to evaluate mesh migration and tissue response using a swine model. PSE Accession: 09_0132, project: 67547.
4. AbsorbaTack Instructions for Use. Covidien.
5. SorbaFix Instructions for Use. Bard Davol.
6. Moran ME, Marsh C, Perrotti M. Bidirectional-barbed sutured knotless running anastomosis v classic Van Velthoven suturing in a model system. J Endourol. 2007;21(10):1175-1178.
7. Vakil JJ, O’Reilly MP, Sutter EG, Mears SC, Belkoff SM, Khanuja HS. Knee arthrotomy repair with a continuous barbed suture: a biomechanical study. J Arthroplasty. 2011;26(5):710-713.
8. Eickmann T, Quane E. Total knee arthroplasty closure with barbed sutures. J Knee Surg. 2010;23(3):163-167.
9. Levine BR, Ting N, Della Valle CJ. Use of a barbed suture in the closure of hip and knee arthroplasty wounds. Orthopedics. 2011;34(9):e473-e475. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20110714-35.
10. Einarsson JI, Chavan NR, Suzuki Y, Jonsdottir G, Vellinga TT, Greenberg JA. Use of bidirectional barbed suture in laparoscopic myomectomy: evaluation of perioperative outcomes, safety, and efficacy. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2011;18 (1):92-95.
11. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutcliffe T, et al. A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA. 1997;277(19):1527-1530.
12. Singer AJ, Perry LC, Allen RL. In vivo study of wound-bursting strength and compliance of topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med. 2008;15(12):1290-1294.
13. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2002;3(3):251-257.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.