You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Reduce the Hernia Sac & Close the Defect
STRATAFIX™ Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX™ Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Device is the only barbed suture that provides strong, secure closure appropriate for high-tension areas, such as fascia.1-6
Insert and Position the Mesh
PROCEED® Surgical Mesh
Tissue separating mesh with optimized design for strength and performance.
Fixate the Mesh
ETHICON SECURESTRAP® Absorbable Strap Fixation Device
Market-leading fixation device provides superior acute fixation at various deployment angles.7* Allows for appropriate tissue capture and penetration to provide superior acute fixation holding at various deployment angles.8-11†
Apply Topical Skin Adhesive to Port Site
DERMABOND ADVANCED® Topical Skin Adhesive
DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive is a wound closure device that adds strength when used in conjunction with deep dermal stitches after strength, provides a protective barrier12,13 and demonstrated in vitro inhibits bacteria.14
*As shown in benchtop in porcine flank tissue.
†As shown in a preclinical study.
1. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
2. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX SYMMETRIC PDS PLUS Size 0 & 1 Devices – Initiation Strength in Porcine Tissue. AST-2013-0603.
3. AST-2013-0056 Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDSSize2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping.
4. Ethicon study PSE 09-0204, project number 11822. Exploratory histological and biomechanical evaluation of DOLFIN following closure of the ventral abdominal wall in a porcine model at 7±1 days. Approved on July 7, 2010.
5. Ethicon Performance Evaluation Memo AST-2012-0510. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Dated December 3, 2012.
6. STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
7. May 2013 – Fixation Share Update.
8. Cardinale M. Angle fire competitive test. AST 2010-0199.
9. Shnoda P. 28 day mesh fixation study of the ETHICON SECURESTRAP™ Fixation Device to evaluate mesh migration and tissue response using a swine model. PSE Accession: 09_0132, project: 67547.
10. AbsorbaTack Instructions for Use. Covidien.
11. SorbaFix Instructions for Use. Bard Davol.
12. Quinn J, Wells G, Sutcliffe T, et al. A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA. 1997;277(19):1527-1530.
13. Singer AJ, Perry LC, Allen RL. In vivo study of wound-bursting strength and compliance of topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med. 2008;15(12):1290-1294.
14. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2002;3(3):251-257.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.