You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Dissection and Managing Adhesions
HARMONIC® HD 1000i Shears
HARMONIC HD 1000i Shears offers a seamless combination of unmatched precision, unparalleled strength, and optimal efficiency.
Stapling in Revisional Procedures
ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
The ECHELON FLEX GST System* controls tissue movement to enable you to transect as you intend even on the most challenging tissue.
Managing Oozing and Bleeding
SURGICEL SNoW™ Absorbable Hemostat
SURGICEL SNoW Hemostat helps you focus on the procedure, not the bleed. With enhanced speed, handling and performance, one layer is more effective than four layers of SURGICEL® Original Absorbable Hemostat.
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device is the only barbed suture that provides strong, secure closure appropriate for high-tension areas, such as fascia.1-6
* System components include ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler and ECHELON ENDOPATH™ Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology.
1. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
2. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX SYMMETRIC PDS PLUS Size 0 & 1 Devices – Initiation Strength in Porcine Tissue. AST-2013-0603.
3. AST-2013-0056 Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping.
4. Ethicon study PSE 09-0204, project number 11822. Exploratory histological and biomechanical evaluation of DOLFIN following closure of the ventral abdominal wall in a porcine model at 7±1 days. Approved on July 7, 2010.
5. Ethicon Performance Evaluation Memo AST-2012-0510. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Dated December 3, 2012.
6. STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
SURGICEL® Essential Product Information.
SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat (oxidized regenerated cellulose) is used adjunctively in surgical procedures to assist in the control of capillary, venous, and small arterial hemorrhage when ligation or other conventional methods of control are impractical or ineffective. SURGICEL® ORIGINAL, SURGICEL® FIBRILLAR™ and SURGICEL® NU-KNIT® Hemostats can be cut to size for use in endoscopic procedures.
Use only as much SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat as is necessary for hemostasis, holding it firmly in place until bleeding stops. Remove any excess before surgical closure in order to facilitate absorption and minimize the possibility of foreign body reaction.
In urological procedures, minimal amounts of SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat should be used and care must be exercised to prevent plugging of the urethra, ureter, or a catheter by dislodged portions of the product.
Since absorption of SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat could be prevented in chemically cauterized areas, its use should not be preceded by application of silver nitrate or any other escharotic chemicals.
If SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat is used temporarily to line the cavity of large open wounds, it should be placed so as not to overlap the skin edges. It should also be removed from open wounds by forceps or by irrigation with sterile water or saline solution after bleeding has stopped.
Precautions should be taken in otorhinolaryngologic surgery to assure that none of the material is aspirated by the patient. (Examples: controlling hemorrhage after tonsillectomy and controlling epistaxis.)
Care should be taken not to apply SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat too tightly when it is used as a wrap during vascular surgery (see Adverse Reactions).
“Encapsulation” of fluid and foreign body reactions have been reported.
There have been reports of stenotic effect when SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat has been applied as a wrap during vascular surgery.
Paralysis and nerve damage have been reported when SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat was used around, in, or in proximity to foramina in bone, areas of bony confine, the spinal cord, and/or the optic nerve and chiasm.
Blindness has been reported in connection with surgical repair of a lacerated left frontal lobe when SURGICEL® Absorbable Hemostat was placed in the anterior cranial fossa.
Possible prolongation of drainage in cholecystectomies and difficulty passing urine per urethra after prostatectomy have been reported.
For more information, please consult your doctor or for product quality and technical questions, call 1-800-795-0012.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.