You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Total Hip Arthroplasty
Create Incision and Dissect Soft Skin Tissue
MEGADYNE ACE BLADE™ 700 Soft Tissue Dissector
Everything you want. Plus less. Efficiency and hemostasis plus less thermal damage.1
Closure of Joint Capsule
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device is the only barbed suture that provides strong, secure closure appropriate for high-tension areas, such as fascia.2-7
Close Subcutaneous Tissue
STRATAFIX™ Spiral Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX™ Spiral & Spiral Plus offers a broad range of unidirectional and bidirectional devices, offers the smooth glide of a traditional suture.8-12
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System
Optimized healing and high patient satisfaction delivered through a powerful combination of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate (2-OCA) and self-adhering mesh.13,14
1 In ACE Mode vs. standard monopolar electrosurgery: In a preclinical porcine model on abdominal wall dermis that measured thermal damage via histology (p<0.05). (075571-170630)
2. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
3. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX SYMMETRIC PDS PLUS Size 0 & 1 Devices – Initiation Strength in Porcine Tissue. AST-2013-0603.
4. AST-2013-0056 Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDSSize2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping.
5. Ethicon study PSE 09-0204, project number 11822. Exploratory histological and biomechanical evaluation of DOLFIN following closure of the ventral abdominal wall in a porcine model at 7±1 days. Approved on July 7,2010.
6. Ethicon Performance Evaluation Memo AST-2012-0510. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Dated December 3,2012.
7. STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
8. Moran ME, Marsh C, Perrotti M. Bidirectional-barbed sutured knotless running anastomosis v classic Van Velthoven suturing in a model system. J Endourol. 2007;21(10):1175-1178.
9. Vakil JJ, O’Reilly MP, Sutter EG, Mears SC, Belkoff SM, Khanuja HS. Knee arthrotomy repair with a continuous barbed suture: a biomechanical study. J Arthroplasty. 2011;26(5):710-713.
10. Eickmann T, Quane E. Total knee arthroplasty closure with barbed sutures. J Knee Surg. 2010;23(3):163-167.
11. Levine BR, Ting N, Della Valle CJ. Use of a barbed suture in the closure of hip and knee arthroplasty wounds. Orthopedics. 2011;34(9):e473-e475. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20110714-35.
12. Einarsson JI, Chavan NR, Suzuki Y, Jonsdottir G, Vellinga TT, Greenberg JA. Use of bidirectional barbed suture in laparoscopic myomectomy: evaluation of perioperative outcomes, safety, and efficacy. J Minim InvasiveGynecol. 2011;18 (1):92-95.
13. Directions Research. PRINEO Claims Exploration US Patient & Surgeon Reference Data. 2017.
14.DERMABOND™ PRINEO™ Skin Closure System Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.