You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
VATS Wedge Resection
Gain Access to Thoracic Cavity
ENDOPATH XCEL® Trocars with OPTIVIEW® Technology
ENDOPATH XCEL Trocars with OPTIVIEW Technology are designed to reduce smudging of the endoscope upon reinsertion by wiping, wicking, and absorbing fluid that builds up inside the trocar seal housing.*
Transect the Parenchyma to Make a Wedge Resection
ECHELON FLEX™ GST System
The ECHELON FLEX GST System* controls tissue movement to enable you to transect as you intend even on the most challenging tissue.
Close Trocar Defects
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device is the only barbed suture that provides strong, secure closure appropriate for high-tension areas, such as fascia.1-6
* Comparing mean number of insertions for 5mm trocars out of 10 insertions with a quality index score of 92 or higher for 2B5LT (6.4 insertions) to C0Q04/CFR03/CTR03/CTF03/CFI13 (0.5 insertions), NB5STF/VS101005 (0.4 insertions) in bench top tests, p-value <0.05.
† System components include ECHELON FLEX™ Powered Plus Stapler and ECHELON ENDOPATH™ Reloads with Gripping Surface Technology.
1. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
2. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX SYMMETRIC PDS PLUS Size 0 & 1 Devices – Initiation Strength in Porcine Tissue. AST-2013-0603.
3. AST-2013-0056 Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDSSize2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping.
4. Ethicon study PSE 09-0204, project number 11822. Exploratory histological and biomechanical evaluation of DOLFIN following closure of the ventral abdominal wall in a porcine model at 7±1 days. Approved on July 7, 2010.
5. Ethicon Performance Evaluation Memo AST-2012-0510. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Dated December 3, 2012.
6. STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.