You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Ethicon has pioneered advances in wound closure that enable you to minimize tissue trauma, optimize healing, and improve patient outcomes.
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric is the only barbed suture that provides strong, secure closure appropriate for high-tension areas, such as fascia.1-6
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System
DERMABOND® PRINEO® has optimized healing and high patient satisfaction delivered through a powerful combination of 2-octyl cyanoacrylate (2-OCA) and self-adhering mesh.7,8
Coated VICRYL® Plus Antibacterial (polyglactin 910) Suture
Coated VICRYL® Plus Sutures offer benefits in a range of surgical applications, including smooth tissue passage, exceptional handling, and knot security.9
PROLENE® Polypropylene Suture with HEMO-SEAL™ Technology
A unique needle-suture combination which helps preserve visualization of the surgical site and enables accurate bite placement by significantly reducing needle hole bleeding.
Three globally recognized health authorities now recommend the use of triclosan-coated sutures for surgical site infection (SSI) prevention.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: “Consider the use of triclosan-coated sutures for the prevention of SSI.” *,10
World Health Organization: “The panel suggests the use of triclosan coated sutures for the purpose of reducing the risk of SSI, independent of the type of surgery.” *,11
ACS & SIS
American College of Surgeons & Surgical Infection Society: “The use of triclosan coated suture is recommended for wound closure in clean and clean-contaminated abdominal cases when available.” *,12
Leads to greater overall patient satisfaction when compared to staples.†‡
Wound Closure Procedures
All Wound Closure Products
Shaping the Future of Surgery
At Ethicon, weʼre focused on improving health outcomes for patients and helping solve the greatest health challenges… with only meaningful innovation. The kind that led to the creation of the first sutures, that helped revolutionize surgery with minimally invasive procedures, and that elevates standards of care around the world.
* The CDC, WHO, and ACS/SIS guidelines on reducing the risk of surgical site infections are general to triclosan-coated sutures and are not specific to any one brand.
† Double-blinded quantitative research study comparing surgeon experience with DERMABOND PRINEO System and skin staples in total knee arthroplasty. N=83 orthopaedic surgeons. 90% c.I. Fielded June/July 2017.
‡ in a TKA
1. 100326296: Time Zero Tissue Holding - Competitive Claims Comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs Various Products. 2015.
2. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX SYMMETRIC PDS PLUS Size 0 & 1 Devices – Initiation Strength in Porcine Tissue. AST-2013-0603.
3. AST-2013-0056 Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric PDSSize2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with Multiple Incision Defects to Measure Gapping.
4. Ethicon study PSE 09-0204, project number 11822. Exploratory histological and biomechanical evaluation of DOLFIN following closure of the ventral abdominal wall in a porcine model at 7±1 days. Approved on July 7, 2010.
5. Ethicon Performance Evaluation Memo AST-2012-0510. Performance Testing of STRATAFIX Symmetric Size 2-0 suture device for Tissue Holding Strength with an Incision Defect to Measure Gapping. Dated December 3, 2012.
6. STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device. Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
7. Directions Research. PRINEO Claims Exploration US Patient & Surgeon Reference Data. 2017.
8. DERMABOND™ PRINEO™ Skin Closure System Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
9. Coated VICRYL Plus Antibacterial (polyglactin 910) Sutures Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
10. Berríos-Torres SI, Umscheid CA, Bratzler DW, et al. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guideline for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 2017. JAMA Surg. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2017.0904.
11. WHO Global Guidelines for the Prevention of Surgical Site Infection, 2016.
12. Ban KA, Minei JP, Laronga C, et al. American College of Surgeons and Surgical Infection Society: Surgical Site Infection Guidelines, 2016 Update. J Am Coll Surg. 2016;224:59-74.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.