You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
2.7mm VA LCP® Clavicle Plate System
The 2.7 mm VA LCP® Clavicle Plates are designed based on an analysis of more than 600 clavicle CT scans to enhance plate-to-bone fit on a broad range of patients.1 The plates are designed to treat lateral, shaft and medial fractures for small, medium, and large clavicles based on correlation between patient stature and clavicle size.8
Features & Benefits
Designed to go unnoticed*2
The result of extensive research, the system addresses anatomic variability of the clavicle*3-5
Mapping clavicle variation, advancing anatomical fit1,3-5
- Design based on analysis of >600 clavicle CT scans1
- Thinner plate profile**
- Greater plate-to-bone conformity**
Reduced construct prominence, comparable strength***3-6
- Higher construct static strength compared to DePuy Synthes 3.5mm LCP® Superior Clavicle System
- Equivalent construct fatigue strength compared to DePuy Synthes 3.5mm LCP Superior Clavicle System
- Every screw hole accepts 2.7 mm VA locking screws and low-profile metaphyseal screws that sit flush with the plate for low construct prominece1
- VA technology gives surgeons the flexibility to position screws based on patient anatomy and fracture location, not plate design1
- Staggered screw hole positioning increases screw density compared to a plate of the same length with in-line screw holes*7
Simplified plate selection based on correlation between patient height and clavicle size****8
- Smaller clavicle has a more acute bow and curve than larger clavicle
- Plates designed for small, medium, and large stature patients
*Compared to a plate of the same length with in-line screw holes
**Compared to Stryker VariAx 2 Clavicle System, Acumed Clavicle System and DePuy Synthes 3.5 LCP® Clavicle System.
*** Compared to Stryker VariAx 2 Clavicle System and Acumed Clavicle System.
**** Compared to clavicle systems that use screw holes to define plate size.
1. DePuy Synthes Engineering Analysis - Morphology of 600 Bones, 5/5/20 Windchill #0000294539
2. DePuy Synthes Benchmark Analysis - Staggered Screw Holes, 9/8/20 Windchill # 0000294556
3. DePuy Synthes Shape Verification Analysis - Shaft, 7/28/20 Windchill #0000290902
4. DePuy Synthes Shape Verification Analysis - Shaft XL, 5/5/20 Windchill #0000295170
5. DePuy Synthes Shape Verification Analysis - Lateral, 7/28/20 Windchill #0000290186
6. DePuy Synthes Hook Shape Verification Analysis, 2/21/20 Windchill #0000290741
7. DePuy Synthes Benchmark Analysis - Staggered Screw Holes, 9/8/20 Windchill # 0000294556
8. DePuy Synthes Engineering Memo - Morphology, 7/31/18 Windchill #0000273619
The third-party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
© DePuy Synthes 2020. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.