You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
3.5mm VA LCP® Proximal Tibia Plate
The Synthes 3.5 mm VA-LCP® Proximal Tibia Plate is part of the VA-LCP Periarticular Plating System which merges variable angle locking screw technology with conventional plating techniques.
The 3.5 mm VA-LCP Proximal Tibia Plate System has many similarities to standard locking fixation methods, with a few important improvements. Variable angle locking screws provide the ability to create a fixed-angle construct while also allowing the surgeon the freedom to choose the screw trajectory before “fixing” the angle of the screw. A fixed-angle construct provides advantages in osteopenic bone or multifragmentary bridge-plated fractures where screws do not rely on plate-to-bone compression to resist patient load.
The 3.5 mm VA-LCP Proximal Tibia Plate has variable angle holes in the plate head and neck, along with variable angle Combi holes in the plate shaft that combine a dynamic compression unit (DCU) hole with a variable angle locking screw hole. The variable angle Combi hole provides the flexibility of axial compression and variable angle locking capability throughout the length of the plate shaft.
Features & Benefits
- Plate includes variable angle locking holes and variable angle COMBI holes
- Plate head includes two rows of variable angle rafting screws allowing placement of the screws to capture posterior medial fragments while also providing the ability to avoid or abut proximal tibial components in periprosthetic fracture treatment
- Plate allows for placement of two variable angle kickstand screws
- In the plate neck, a long hole allows for compression, preliminary fixation, and plate adjustment
- Plate is available in two bends, Small and Large Bend, to accommodate varying tibial anatomies
- System contains 3.5 mm Variable Angle Locking Screws
- Screws can be angled anywhere within a 30° cone around the central axis of the plate hole
- Instrumentation facilitates minimally invasive screw insertion
No available references for this product.
The Synthes 3.5 mm VA-LCP Proximal Tibia Plates are intended to treat fractures of the proximal tibia in adults and adolescents in which the growth plates have fused including: simple, comminuted, lateral wedge, depression, medial wedge, bicondylar combination of lateral wedge and depression, periprosthetic, and fractures with associated shaft fractures. Plates can also be used for treatment of nonunions, malunions, tibial osteotomies and osteopenic bone.
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.