You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Cannulated Screws (4.0 mm)
The 4.0 mm Cannulated Screws are part of the DePuy Synthes Cannulated Screw System. The screws are available in short and long thread, and stainless steel and titanium.
Features & Benefits
- Cannulated shaft accepts 1.25 mm diameter guide wires (threaded and non-threaded wires available).
- Hemispherical head ensures optimal annular contact with washers and DePuy Synthes plates when screws are angled.
- Low-profile head reduces possibility of soft tissue irritation.
- Standard 2.5 mm hexagonal drive is compatible with screwdrivers in other commonly used DePuy Synthes sets.
- Reverse-cutting flutes assist in screw removal.
- Choice of thread lengths offers best fit of threads into far bone fragment, for greater interfragmentary compression.
- Cancellous thread profile uses deep cutting threads with a large pitch to increase resistance to pullout. The large pitch also accelerates screw insertion and removal.
- Self-drilling, self-tapping screw tip facilitates screw insertion by eliminating the need for predrilling and tapping in most cases.
Short thread(thread length = 1/3 screw length)
Long thread(thread length = 1/2 screw length)
No available references for this product.
The DePuy Synthes 3.5 mm and 4.0 mm Cannulated Screws are intended for fixation of fractures, fusions, osteotomies, non-unions, and malunions of small bones and small bone fragments in adults and in both children (2-12 years) and adolescents (12-21 years) in which growth plates have fused or in which growth plates will not be crossed by screw fixation.
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.