You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
4.5mm VA LCP® Curved Condylar Plate
The Synthes 4.5 mm VA LCP Curved Condylar Plate is part of the VA LCP Periarticular Plating System which merges variable angle locking screw technology with conventional plating techniques.
The 4.5 mm VA LCP Curved Condylar Plate System has many similarities to standard locking fixation methods, with a few important improvements. Variable angle locking screws provide the ability to create a fixed-angle construct while also allowing the surgeon the freedom to choose the screw trajectory before “fixing” the angle of the screw.
A fixed-angle construct provides advantages in osteopenic bone or multifragmentary bridge-plated fractures where screws do not rely on plate-to-bone compression to resist patient load, but function similarly to multiple, small, angled blade plates.
The variable angle locking compression plate (VA LCP) has variable angle Combi holes in the plate shaft that combine a dynamic compression unit (DCU) hole with a variable angle locking screw hole. The variable angle Combi hole provides the flexibility of axial compression and variable angle locking capability throughout the length of the plate shaft.
Features & Benefits
- Provides the flexibility to lock screws in trajectories that can diverge from the central axis of the plate hole
- Plate includes variable angle locking holes and variable angle Combi holes
- System contains 5.0 mm Cannulated and Solid Variable Angle Locking Screws
- Screws can be angled anywhere within a 30° cone around the central axis of the plate hole
- Permits use of minimally invasive surgical technique
- Available with 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20 or 22 variable angle Combi holes in the shaft to accommodate fracture patterns that include shaft fractures with articular fragments
- Central hole in the head of the plate is a fixed angle locking hole
No available references for this product.
The Synthes 4.5 mm VA LCP Curved Condylar Plate System is indicated for buttressing multifragmentary distal femur fractures including: supracondylar; intra-articular and extraarticular condylar fractures, periprosthetic fractures, fractures in normal or osteopenic bone, nonunions and malunions.
© DePuy Synthes 2019. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.