You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Cannulated Compression Headless Screw (CCHS) System
CCHS offers surgeons uncompromised precision through:
- Innovative cutting edge for improved cutting efficiency1,2,3
- Cobalt Chrome Guide Wire for less deflection4
- Most comprehensive portfolio on the market to address wide range of surgical needs5
The CCHS implants are Titanium, differential thread pitch, partially threaded screws available in 9 diameters (2.0 – 7.5mm).
The cutting edge in screw technology
Features & Benefits
Innovative Cutting Edge
Three uniquely angled surfaces combine to form an innovative cutting edge designed to1,2,3:
- Reduce insertion force
- Minimize the need for pre-drilling
Traditional self-drilling / self-tapping screws have a straight tip vs CCHS angled tip. Angled cutting tips allow for efficient screw insertion into bone.
Cobalt Chrome Guide Wires
Added stiffness through:
- Cobalt Chrome Guide Wires have a 29% higher bending stiffness compared to Stainless Steel*4
- Cobalt Chrome Guide Wire reduces deflection during wire insertion*4
*Comparing Guide Wires with same cross-section. CoCr Guide Wire compared to SS Guide Wire of same diameter.
Most Comprehensive Portfolio
CCHS has the widest range of cannulated compression headless screw diameters 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5mm and lengths (10-140 mm) on the market5
Head with Cutting Flutes
Facilitates countersinking of screwhead
Facilitates screw insertion and extraction.
Facilitate screw removal
Superior Cutting Efficiency*6 – Force to Insert Testing
*Bench testing may not be indicative of clinical performance. Axial load of 15 samples of small screw types and 6 samples of large screw types were measured. Percentage comparisons between CCHS and competitive screws are based upon observed mean axial loads from testing. Superiority is based on a 99% observed confidence.
The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners
1. DePuy Synthes Patent Application: Angled Flutes in Cannulated Bone Screws. 2018/0303529 A1
2. DePuy Synthes Report: Memo CCHS Engineering Rationale. 2019. Ref: 0000286734
3. DePuy Synthes Report: CCHS Screw Cutting Performance Test. 2019. Ref: 0000288513*
4. DePuy Synthes Report: Memo Guide Wire Material. 2019. Ref: 0000287828. Bench testing may not be indicative of clinical performance. Guide Wire Stiffness Memo (0000287828). CoCr Guide Wire compared to SS Guide Wire of same diameter.
5. DePuy Synthes Report: Market Analysis. 2019. Ref: 0000286547. Research was performed (June, 2019) comparing cannulated headless screw offerings among all main competitors who offer this product line. Main competitors were defined based on market report Medtech 360 Trauma Devices Market Analysis US (2018). Broadest is defined as the widest range or the most comprehensive portfolio of available cannulated headless screw diameters currently marketed.
6. DePuy Synthes: CCHS Screw Cutting Performance Test. 2019. Ref: 0000288513. Bench testing may not be indicative of clinical performance. Axial load of 15 samples of small screw types and 6 samples of large screw types were measured. Percentage comparisons between CCHS and competitive screws are based upon observed mean axial loads from testing. Superiority is based on a 99% observed confidence.
The DePuy Synthes Cannulated Compression Headless Screws are indicated for use in bone reconstruction, osteotomy, arthrodesis, joint fusion, fracture repair, and fracture fixation of bones appropriate for the size of the device. Screws are intended for single use only.
The implant should not be used in a patient who has current, or who has a history of:
- Local or systemic acute or chronic inflammation
- Active infection or inflammation
- Suspected or documented metal allergy or intolerance
Consult the Cannulated Compression Headless Screw eIFU at cchs.info and e-ifu.com for more information.
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.