You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Coated VICRYL® (polyglactin 910) Suture
VICRYL Suture is a smooth, synthetic, absorbable suture that passes through tissue readily with minimal drag, and facilitates ease of handling, smooth tie down, and unsurpassed knot security.1
Quality and innovation from the leader in wound closure
Composition and indications
VICRYL Suture is a synthetic absorbable suture coated with a lactide and glycolide copolymer plus calcium stearate.1 It is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximation and/or ligation, including ophthalmic procedures, but not cardiovascular or neurological tissues.2 VICRYL Suture provides 2-4 weeks of tissue support.2
Get the benefit of Plus antibacterial technology in a VICRYL Suture
Coated VICRYL® Plus Antibacterial (polyglactin 910) Sutures offer the same exceptional handling as VICRYL®1—and are shown in vitro to inhibit bacterial colonization on the suture.3
Discover a modern alternative to subcuticular sutures and staples
DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System consists of a liquid topical skin adhesive and a self-adhering mesh that provides temporary skin edge alignment until the adhesive is applied.4 In a clinical study, cosmesis was better with DERMABOND PRINEO System than with conventional suturing in skin closure.5*
Get the benefit of barbed technology in a VICRYL Suture
STRATAFIX™ Knotless Tissue Control Devices can close wounds substantially faster than using an interrupted technique.6 They are available in a combination of sizes, lengths, and needle types, including those appropriate for open, laparoscopic, and robotic procedures, as well as with Plus Antibacterial Technology.
*Measured by the Hollander Cosmesis Scale at 2 weeks after surgery and the Vancouver Scar Scale 6 and 12 months after surgery in a prospective, randomized controlled trial (N=60).
1. Ethicon Wound Closure Manual. 2012. Ethicon, Inc.
2. Coated VICRYL® (polyglactin 910) Suture Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
3. Rothenburger S, Spangler D, Bhende S, Burkley D. In vitro antimicrobial evaluation of coated VICRYL Plus Antibacterial Suture (coated polyglactin 910 with triclosan) using zone of inhibition assays. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2002;3(suppl 1):S79-S87.
4. DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
5. Parvizi D, Friedl H, Schintler MV, et al. Use of 2‐octyl cyanoacrylate together with a self‐adhering mesh (Dermabond™ Prineo™) for skin closure following abdominoplasty: an open, prospective, controlled, randomized, clinical study. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013;37(3):529‐537.
6. Greenberg J, Goldman R. Barbed suture: a review of the technology and clinical uses in obstetrics and gynecology. Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2013;6(3-4):107-115.
© Ethicon US, LLC. 2019.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
This site is published by Ethicon US, LLC, which is solely responsible for its contents, and is intended for U.S. audiences only.
This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 20, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.