You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Curvilinear Distraction System
Curvilinear distraction allows surgeons to correct complex mandibular deformities with an internal distractor.1 DePuy Synthes now offers two size curvilinear distractors; 1.3 mm for patients 4 years of age and younger and 2.0 mm for patients more than 1 year old.
Features & Benefits
- Over 330 distractor configurations
- Four footplate sizes with corresponding bone screw diameters
- Mesh and cloverleaf footplates
- Elevated mesh to facilitate parallel placement of distractors
- Variable positioning of distractor body relative to osteotomy
- Flexible extension arms removed easily by an axial pull without a surgical procedure
- 2.0 mm footplates accept locking screws for added stability
- Advances and rotates the mandible along a curve
- Increases posterior facial height
- Lengthens the bone in two planes simultaneously
- Achieves both chin advancement and ramus lengthening
- Close an anterior open bite
- Assists in avoiding an anterior open bite secondary to distraction
1Kaban L, Seldin E, Kikinis R, Yeshwant K, et al. "Clinical Application of Curvilinear Distraction Osteogenesis for Correction of Mandibular Deformities." J Oral Maxillofac Surg67:996-1008.
Indications for Use
The Synthes Curvilinear Distraction System is intended for use as a bone stabilizer and lengthening (and/or transport) device.
The Synthes Curvilinear Distraction System is indicated for correction of congenital deficiencies or posttraumatic defects of the mandibular body and ramus where gradual bone distraciton is required.
The 2.0mm Curvilinear Distractor is intended for use in adult and pediatric patients more than 1 year old.
The 1.3mm Curvilinear Distractor is intended for use in pediatric patients 4 years of age and younger.*
The Synthes Curvilinear Distraction System is intended for single use only.
Use of the Synthes Curvilinear Distraction System is contraindicated in patients sensitized to nickel.
*The 1.3mm curvilinear distractors are not licensed for sale in Canada.