You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
DBX® Demineralized Bone Matrix (Trauma)
DBX® Demineralized Bone Matrix (DBM) is an allograft bone void filler processed by the Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF).
Features & Benefits
DBX® DBM is an osteoconductive bone void filler which has been shown to have osteoinductive potential* in a validated athymic mouse model. Each finished lot of tissue is tested for osteoinductive potential prior to release for clinical use.1 DBX DBM is ideal for a variety of applications within the cleared indications.
- Available as Paste, Putty, Mix, and Injectable Putty
- Demonstrated bone formation – high bone content, osteoinductive potential4
- Inert biocompatible carrier2, pH-balanced3, nonhemolytic2
- Resists movement under irrigation, maintains physical integrity5
*It is unknown how the osteoinductive potential, measured in the athymic mouse model or the alkaline phosphatase assay, will correlate with clinical performance in human subjects.4
1. MTF Report# Validation-623
2. MTF Report# 19-001R MM
3. MTF Report# FR-39
4. Dunn, Michael G. Osteoinductivity of MTF DBX® Putty in the Athymic Mouse Model. Musculskeletal Transplant Foundation. Oct. 2011.
5. Gertzman, A. and M. Sunwoo. “A pilot study evaluating sodium hyaluronate as a carrier for freeze-dried demineralized bone powder”. Cell and Tissue Banking, 2001(2): p. 87-94.
DBX marks are owned by MTF.
DBX® Paste, Putty, Mix and Inject
Intended for use as a Demineralized Bone Matrix for voids or gaps that are not intrinsic to the stability of the bony structure.
Indicated for treatment of surgically created osseous defects or osseous defects created from traumatic injury:
DBX Paste, Putty, Mix and Inject may be used in the extremities and pelvis.
DBX Paste, Putty, Mix and Inject can be used with bone marrow.
DBX Putty and Inject can be used as an extender in the pelvis and extremities with autograft or allograft.
© DePuy Synthes 2020. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.