You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
The DERMABOND® Family of Topical Skin Adhesives
Trusted by more surgeons and supported by more clinical evidence than any other topical skin adhesive1-3*†‡
A DERMABOND® product for every procedure
PRINEO®: The surgeon-preferred alternative to skin staples4
Combines the proven strength, flexibility, and microbial barrier of DERMABOND ADVANCED® with the security of a self-adhering mesh to facilitate skin closure and an optimal healing environment5-10
DERMABOND ADVANCED®: The market leader in skin adhesives1
Provides a microbial barrier with 99% effectiveness for 72 hours in vitro against organisms commonly responsible for SSIs11§
DERMABOND® Mini: For smaller incisions, minimally invasive procedures
The trusted proprietary formulation of DERMABOND ADVANCED® in a smaller size, ideal for small wounds and single port incisions1-3*†‡
|DNX12||DERMABOND ADVANCED TOPICAL SKIN ADHESIVE - UNIQUE FORMULATION WITH AN EASY-TO-USE APPLICATOR FOR PRECISE CONTROL FOR WIDE AND FINE LINE APPLICATIONS; 0.7ML ADHESIVE VOLUME|
|DNX6||DERMABOND ADVANCED TOPICAL SKIN ADHESIVE - UNIQUE FORMULATION WITH AN EASY-TO-USE APPLICATOR FOR PRECISE CONTROL FOR WIDE AND FINE LINE APPLICATIONS; 0.7ML ADHESIVE VOLUME|
*DERMABOND ADVANCED Adhesive tests equivalent or superior to DERMABOND Adhesive in head-to-head testing for microbial barrier, wound-bursting strength, tensile strength, flexibility, durability, viscosity, drying time, water vapor transmission rate, water resistance, and physician satisfaction.
†Based on published literature in PubMed as of March 7, 2017, using only RCTs that evaluated the use of the product in a manner consistent with intended indication.
‡Top 6 US competitors include LiquiBand®, Skin Affix™, SwiftSet™, SurgiSeal®, Derma+Flex® QS™, and Histoacryl®.
§As long as the adhesive film remains intact.
1. Wound Closure YTD Feb'20 Market Share Report Out.12.2020. Ethicon, Inc.
2. DERMABOND RCT List 2017. Ethicon, Inc.
3. DERMABOND Advanced Evidence Summary. 2018. Ethicon, Inc.
4. PRINEO Claims Research Quant Detail. August 16, 2017. Ethicon, Inc.
5. Keplinger S. Protocol investigation of the comparison of PRINEO with conventional wound closure techniques. Protocol 07PD048. May 15, 2007. Ethicon, Inc.
6. Thomson CM. Multi-centre study to show equivalence of DERMABOND PROTAPE to INTRADERMAL SUTURES for skin closure of full thickness surgical incisions associated with breast procedures. Protocol 07CS003. Final Report. July 9, 2010. Ethicon, Inc.
7. Thomson CM. Multi-centre study to show equivalence of DERMABOND PROTAPE to INTRADERMAL SUTURES for skin closure of full thickness surgical incisions. Protocol 06CS005. Final Report. June 10, 2010.
8. DERMABOND® PRINEO® Skin Closure System Instructions for Use. Ethicon, Inc.
9. Shapiro A, Dinsmore R, North J. Tensile strength of wound closure with cyanoacrylate glue. Am Surg. 2001;67:1113-1115.
10. Kannon GA, Garrett AB. Moist wound healing with occlusive dressings. Dermatol Surg. 1995;21:583-590.
11. Bhende S, Rothenburger S, Spangler DJ, Dito M. In vitro assessment of microbial barrier properties of DERMABOND® Topical Skin Adhesive. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2002;3(3):251-257.
12. Singer AJ, Perry LC, Allen RL Jr. In vivo study of wound bursting strength and compliance of topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med. 2008;15(12):1290-1294.
13. Singer AJ, Perry L. A comparative study of the surgically relevant mechanical characteristics of the topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med. 2012;19(11):1281-1286.
14. Keplinger S. Comparison of setting times of topical skin adhesive products. Report 11TR053. August 16, 2011. Ethicon, Inc.
15. U.S. Food & Drug Administration. DERMABOND® NX Topical Skin Adhesive Approval Letter. May 4, 2010. https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf10/K100423.pdf. Accessed February 3, 2021.
© Ethicon US, LLC. 2019. 085133-171129
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
This site is published by Ethicon US, LLC, which is solely responsible for its contents, and is intended for U.S. audiences only.
This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 20, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.