The All New ENSEAL® X1
Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer
We designed an energy device to be easy to use while enabling more efficiency and stronger sealing than LigaSure™ Maryland.1 2 3
ENSEAL® Tissue Sealers deliver efficient and secure sealing to help drive the best possible patient outcomes.2 4Request a Demo
Our engineers designed the ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer so surgeons can spend less time focusing on what’s in their hand, and more time focusing on the task at hand.5
9% wider aperture
16% longer jaw
Captures more tissue per bite
9% wider aperture and 16% longer jaw compared to LigaSure™ Maryland.6
19% longer cut length per bite
compared to LigaSure™ Maryland.7
Curved tapered tip designed for fine dissection and stronger grasping8
32% stronger distal tip grasping compared to LigaSure™ Maryland.9
360° Continuous shaft rotation to enable easy access to targeted tissue.10
ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw was designed to create strong and secure seals with reduced tissue trauma, from the first activation to the last.4 11
“If you look at the sealing capacity of the ENSEAL® device, we are very happy with that. It produced bloodless seals.”Dr. James van Bastelaar
Surgical Oncologist, Netherlands
Based on the experience of Dr. Bastelaar, individual experiences may vary.
Stronger sealing than LigaSure™ Maryland
22% higher burst pressure than vessels sealed with LigaSure™ Maryland.12
Minimal tissue trauma
ENSEAL® X1 Tissue Sealers continuously sense changes in tissue and respond with the optimized amount of energy to seal securely while minimizing thermal damage to surrounding tissue.4 11 13
The power behind a secure seal
Powered by the Ethicon GEN11 Generator, Adaptive Tissue Technology continuously delivers energy intelligently and efficiently in ENSEAL® X1 Tissue Sealer devices to help drive the best possible patient outcomes.13
One-handed operation can be done with ease, allowing you to focus less on controlling your instrument and more on your patient.5
Designed for a more natural fit.
The handle was designed for a secure and balanced feel, fitting comfortably in hands of different sizes.14
The ergonomic design has conveniently placed functionality for reduced hand movement and one-handed shaft rotation.15
The ENSEAL® X1 Lineup
The right product for the right job.
We designed the ENSEAL® X1 Tissue Sealer energy devices for open or laparoscopic surgical procedures. They have been completely redesigned to provide secure sealing with more intuitive, simplified steps.4 16
- Compared to previous generations of Enseal devices (099986-210202).
- ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer can capture, seal and transect a longer length of tissue per single activation due to a 16% (or 3.4mm) longer jaw (p < 0.001) and a 19% (or 3.5mm) longer cut length (p < 0.001) compared to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937). (145163-200630).
- In benchtop testing on porcine arteries, vessels sealed with ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw had a 22% higher average burst pressure than vessels sealed with LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937), (1055mmHg vs. 862mmHg, p < 0.001). (145079-200629).
- 112 of 112 vessels sealed successfully on first pass in an acute porcine model. All seals maintained hemostasis during blood pressure challenge. During blood pressure challenge, systolic blood pressure was increased to at least 200 mmHg for a minimum of 10 minutes to simulate a hypertensive crisis. (095317-200519)
- Based on metrology data, ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer has a 16% (or 3.4mm) longer jaw than LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001) and ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw Tissue Sealer has a 9% (or 1.15mm) wider jaw aperture than LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001). (145041-200629)
- Metrology report comparing ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001) (093769-180619)
- Grasping force measured as the maximum amount of force required to pull porcine jejunum from the distal tip of device jaws. Comparison of ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937) (p < 0.001) (149828-200813)
- As compared to devices with less than 360° degree shaft rotation (099992-181108)
- Mean thermal spread measured via histology on porcine carotid arteries. Care should be taken near thermally sensitive tissues. See IFU for complete warnings and cautions. (095310-210202)
- Comparison of ENSEAL® X1 Curved Jaw to LigaSure™ Maryland (LF1937). Benchtop testing on porcine arteries (1055mmHg vs. 862mmHg, p < 0.001). (145069-200629)
- Enabled by Adaptive Tissue Technology algorithm powered by GEN11. (134168-210203)
- Per design science anthropometric data comparison to metrology measurements. (095689-210203)
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert. This site is published by Ethicon US, LLC, which is solely responsible for its contents, and is intended for U.S. audiences only. This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor. Last updated April 26, 2021. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.
© 2021 Ethicon, Inc. All rights reserved. 166832-210209