You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
GLOBAL® CAP Conservative Anatomic Prosthesis & GLOBAL® CAP CTA™ Cuff Tear Arthropathy Conservative Prosthesis
The GLOBAL® CAP Shoulder System (Conservative Anatomic Prosthesis) is a bone preserving resurfacing implant which is an option for patients with degenerative arthritis.
The GLOBAL® CAP CTA™ System is a bone preserving humeral resurfacing solution for patients with early stage cuff tear arthropathy. The GLOBAL CAP CTA System was designed with an extended superior lateral humeral head that is designed to stabilize the joint and produce a low coefficient of friction at the interface with the acromion.
Features & Benefits
Advanced Bone Preservation
- Apical flat on undersurface of implant allows for better fit and intimate contact.
- Secure implant design with cruciate stem.
- Undersurface of the head and the proximal portion of the central stem are surface-treated in Hydroxyapatite on POROCOAT® Porous Coating
- 3-in-1 humeral head shapers accurately reshape humeral head wear typically seen in arthritic patients with flattened humeral heads
- Cannulated instrumentation (head sizers, reamers, trials and stem punch) allows the surgeon to move from one step to the next
- Centering technique allows the surgeon to position the implant accurately
Increased Area of Superolateral Articulation
- Based on the GLOBAL ADVANTAGE® Shoulder Arthroplasty System and GLOBAL AP® CTA Humeral Head, the GLOBAL CAP CTA Shoulder has an increased area of superolateral articulation for improved joint stability
- GLOBAL CAP CTA Implant geometry is designed to compensate for superior humeral head migration to potentially help restore joint stability and range of motion
- Undersurface of the head and proximal portion of the central stem are surface-treated with DUOFIX® Hydroxyapatite on Porocoat Porous Coating
Humeral Resection Guide
- Creates a continuous surface to support the GLOBAL CAP CTA Shoulder superior lateral flange
- Streamlined instruments allow efficient reshaping of the proximal humerus.
The GLOBAL CAP Resurfacing Shoulder Humeral Heads are intended as a total or hemi-shoulder replacement in patients where the humeral head and neck are of sufficient bone stock and the rotator cuff is intact or reconstructable. This device is designed to increase shoulder mobility by: reducing pain; restoring alignment; restoring flexion and extension movement; and resisting dislocation.
The GLOBAL CAP Resurfacing Shoulder Humeral Heads are indicated for use as a replacement of shoulder joints disabled by rheumatoid arthritis with pain, non-inflammatory degenerative joint disease (i.e. osteoarthritis and avascular necrosis), deformity and/or limited motion, fractures of the humeral head and traumatic arthritis.
The GLOBAL CAP Resurfacing Shoulder Humeral Heads are intended for uncemented use only.
GLOBAL CAP CTA:
The GLOBAL CAP CTA Resurfacing Shoulder is indicated only for hemi-shoulder replacement in patients with rotator cuff tears and arthritis. Specific indications include:
The GLOBAL CAP CTA Resurfacing Shoulder Humeral Heads are intended for uncemented use only.
WARNING: This product has labeling limitations. See package insert for complete information.
© DePuy Synthes 2019. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.