You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Large External Fixator-Pelvic Frame
External Fixation of the pelvis can be utilized for the resuscitation of the hemodynamically unstable patient with an open book fracture or as an adjunct treatment for completely unstable pelvic ring injuries. Pelvic external fixation if frequently provisional; more definitive methods of achieving pelvic stability are carried out once the patient has been stabilized.
Features & Benefits
Various frame configurations to reduce, fixate and stabilize the pelvis during surgery.
One Schanz screw can be placed in each AIIS and joined either by one curved carbon fiber rod or two straight carbon fiber rods. For greater stability, an additional Schanz screw can be placed above the first on each hemipelvis, allowing creation of a second frame that can be connected to the first.
One Schanz screw can be placed in each hemipelvis and joined either by one or two carbon fiber rods, depending on patient anatomy.
Iliac crest frame
The use of three carbon fiber rods allows the frame to be constructed to fit larger patients.
No available references for this product.
The DePuy Synthes Large External Fixation Systems is intended to provide treatment for long bone and pelvic fractures that require external fixation. Specifically, the components can be used for:
- Stabilization of soft tissues and fractures
- Polytrauma/multiple orthpaedic trauma
- Vertically unstable pelvic fractures, or as a treatment adjunct for vertically unstable
- Arthrodesis and osteotomies with soft tissue problems; failures of total joints
- Neutralization of fractures stabilized with limited internal fixation
- Non-unions/septic non-unions
- Intraoperative reductions/stabilization tool to assist with indirect reduction
- Unilateral rectilinear bone segment transport or leg lengthening
© DePuy Synthes 2020. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.