You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
6.5mm Midfoot Fusion Bolt
The Midfoot Fusion Bolt is a solid intramedullary implant that can be used to fuse the medial metatarsocuneiform, naviculocuneiform, and talonavicular joints. Other uses of the Midfoot Fusion Bolt are fusion of the lateral column, calcaneocuboid, and 4th metatarsocuboid joint. The Midfoot Fusion Bolt is designed to achieve permanent fusion of these joints in patients suffering from gross instability such as Charcot neuroarthropathy with or without collapse of the midfoot. The Midfoot Fusion Bolt aids in the fusion of the joints of the midfoot. Fusion of the midfoot can provide stabilization and alignment, enhancing the possibility of a functional foot and increasing the likelihood of limb salvage.1, 2
- A solid bolt, highly resistant to bending and shear loads
- Headless, for complete countersinking
- Able to achieve compression
- Available in 50 mm–160 mm lengths
- Available in stainless steel and titanium alloy
Features & Benefits
- Blunt tip designed to minimize soft tissue damage if over-inserted
- Head thread has same pitch as lead thread (2.7 mm)
- Leading threads and shaft have the same diameter
- Easy insertion helps reduce risk of threads cutting out of bone
- Solid 6.5 mm diameter for added strength in bending and shear loads
- Cutting thread allows easy insertion and countersinking into cortical bone
1J.E. Johnson. "Operative Treatment of Neuropathic Arthropathy of the Foot and Ankle." Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 80-A (1998): 1700–1709.
2S.R. Simon, S.G. Tejwani, D.L. Wilson, T.J. Santner, N.L. Denniston. "Arthrodesis as an Early Alternative to Nonoperative Management of Charcot Arthropathy of the Diabetic Foot." Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 82-A (2000): 939–950.
The DePuy Synthes 6.5 mm Midfoot Fusion Bolt is indicated for fracture fixation, osteotomies, nonunions, and fusions of large bones in the foot and ankle.
© DePuy Synthes 2020. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.