You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Mini External Fixator
External fixation offers a reliable alternative to internal fixation in complex fractures. The Mini External Fixator provides sufficient versatility and stability of most small bone fractures, particularly in phalanges and metacarpals.
Features & Benefits
- Two clamp sizes, laser-etched with one or two lines for easy identification
- Permits sequential tensioning of Kirschner wires allowing for reduced operative time
- Slender design contributes to overall low-profile frame for improved patient comfort
3.0 mm / 3.0mm Connecting Clamp
- Allows connection of 3.0 mm carbon fiber rods for the treatment of displaced intra-articular fractures
- Additionally available 3.0 mm / 4.0 mm connecting clamp allows bridging to Synthes Small External Fixator for treatment of complex hand and distal radius fractures
Threaded, trocar tip Kirschner wires in two sizes
- Provides stability and hold in cortical bone
- Eliminates need to predrill, which may lead to reduced operative time
- 1.25 mm and 1.6 mm diameters optimize adaptation to fracture patterns and patient anatomy
Angled Connecting Bar
- Allows lateral application of pins while maintaining a dorsal frame construct, as determined by fracture pattern and surgeon preference
Carbon Fiber Rods
- Lightweight for patient comfort
- Radiolucent for improved intra- and postoperative radiographic visualization
No available references for this product.
Indications for Use
The Synthes Mini External Fixator is indicated for:
- Comminuted fractures of phalanges and metacarpals
- Displaced intra-articular fractures
- Segmental bone loss
- Open fractures that do not allow stable internal fixation
- Fractures with associated complex soft tissue injuries
- Tumor resections
© DePuy Synthes 2020. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.