You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Patient Specific Implant - PSI
Patient Specific Implants are designed and produced according to patient derived CT data, facilitating reconstructive surgery.
Features & Benefits
PEEK Optima-LT (polyetheretherketone)
- Engineered for strength, stability and biocompatibility
- Radiolucent (reduced MRI artifact)
- Surgeon can determine plate and screw placement during surgery
- Light weight
Commercially pure titanium
- Ultra-high strength
- Excellent biocompatibility
- Autoclavable - withstands repeated sterilization
- Requires the use of Synthes Low Profile Neuro plate and screw fixation system
- Requires the use of Synthes 1.6mm titanium machine screws (488.066) for attachment of plates to implant
Autoclavable - withstands repeated sterilization
Can be used with DePuy Synthes standard 1.3mm to 2.0mm cranial and craniofacial fixation systems
Esthetic results with short turnaround time
- Better anatomic fit versus conventional fixation/reconstruction methods*
- Reduced operating time compared to traditional reconstruction methods that require extensive contouring*
- Satisfying aesthetic results for surgeon and patient*
- Suitable materials for definitive treatment
- Any necessary modifications of a PEEK implant (e.g. drainage, monitoring devices) can be performed in the OR with standard instruments
- Implant fixation with DePuy Synthes plates and screw systems
- Short turnaround time
Can be used with surgical guides for primary reconstruction
Osteotomy guide for cranial vault reconstruction (polyamide) available for primary reconstruction
* F. Jalbert, F. Lauwers, F.Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac Chir Orale. 2013 Aug 1. Pii:S2213-6533(13)00183-3. Results from case studies are not predictive of results in other cases. Results in other cases may vary.
Patient specific cranial/craniofacial implants are intended for the replacement of bony voids in the cranial/craniofacial skeleton.
Please refer to the surgical technique guide or package inserts if included for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings. For further information on DePuy Synthes Products, please contact your DePuy Synthes Sales Consultant
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.