You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
PEAK® Platelet Rich Plasma System
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine is a leader in developing Early Intervention solutions, providing you with options to treat your patients. The PEAK® Platelet Rich Plasma System represents an option in autologous cellular therapies featuring a vertical roto centrifugation process. The proprietary technology consistently delivers 3 ml of 7.8x high-concentration platelet rich plasma (PRP) from 27 ml of whole blood within 2.5 minutes.
POWER IN SIMPLICITY™
Designed with you and your patients in mind, the PEAK PRP System delivers power in its simple, user-friendly design to achieve consistent and reproducible results.
Features & Benefits
Achieve Optimal Ease of Use
- Easy 3-step automated process with one intuitive user-dependent step
- No ports to manipulate, simple single push start with a digital display countdown
- Closed system design, for a safety profile with minimal external environment interaction
Increase Practice Efficiency
- Fast 60 second spin separates whole blood with total 2.5 minute processing time from start to finish
- Portable and lightweight at less than 4 lbs, the PEAK System is easy to use, store, and transport through any site of care
- Small capital footprint allows for multiple centrifuge locations
Obtain Reproducible Results
- Isolates approximately 90% of available platelets and growth factor
- Delivers high level of reproducibility with a low 3.5% coefficient of variance
- Provides over 97% reduction of red blood cells
1. PEAK™ Platelet Rich Plasma System Instructions for Use (U.S.) DePuy Mitek: Raynham, MA. October 2014. 6969-01 Rev. AB
2. Data on file. DePuy Mitek, Inc., Raynham, MA. Economic analysis entitled, “Operating Room Time for PRP Patients.” 2014.
3. Macario A. What does one minute of operating room time cost? J Clin Anesth 2010; 22(4):233-6
4. Data on file. DePuy Mitek, Inc. Raynham, Ma. “A head to head comparison with the Arthrex ACP® System and the Biomet GPS® III Mini System.” DSUS/MTK/0914/0294 October 2014
510(k) clearance on March 25, 2014 (BK130053)
The PEAK PRP System is intended to be used for the safe and rapid preparation of autologous platelet-rich-plasma (PRP) from a small sample of blood collected at the patient’s point of care. The PRP is mixed with autograft and/or allograft bone prior to application to a bony defect for improving handling characteristics.
All medical devices have associated risks. Please refer to the package insert and other labeling for a complete list of indications, contraindications, precautions and warnings. For further information on DePuy Synthes Products, please contact your local DePuy Synthes Representative.
© DePuy Synthes 2019. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.