You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
RFN-ADVANCED™ Retrograde Femoral Nailing System
The Retrograde Femoral Nailing System (RFN-Advanced™ System) is designed to improve fixation by reduced toggle and loss of reduction for distal femur fractures1. As part of the Advanced Nailing System, it is designed for simple to complex cases4 with increased fixation and stability1-6 and intuitive, connection instrumentation.8
Features & Benefits
Multi-planer, decending oblique screw pattern
- Two descending oblique screws target denser posterior condyles.
- Locking Polymer is built into the nail for angular stability in all distal locking screws without additional steps, end caps, or special instruments.1-3
- Designed to avoid the challenges associated with cross-threading and cold-welding.1-3
Distal Scew Density
- 3.5mm Variable Angle Locking Screws designed to fit around the nail and interlocking screws.4
Locking Attachment Washer (LAW)
- The addition of the Locking Attachment Washer increases the fixation strength by 44% compared to nailing alone.5
Condylar Nut and Washer
- Condylar Nuts increase surface contact with cortical bone to improve stability compared to standard screws.6
Periprosthetic Nail with 10° Distal Bend
- Periprosthetic Nail is designed to reduce the likelihood of an extension deformity that can result from a posterior entry point in TKA patients.7
Shared Base Instruments provide consistency to support reduction in storage, duplication and staff learning.8
- Secure retention instrumentation - Solid “screw to screwdriver” connection. Same drivers used for both screws, available in manual and power
- Quick connect latch – efficient assembly/disassembly
- Twist and lock – protection sleeves secured in aiming arm
- Simplified guided alignment – aiming arm supports LAW and Nut technique
Designed to help maintain alignment of the distal fragment, the Locking Polymer reduces screw toggle by 80% and holds the screw in position relative to the nail, increasing pull out strength up to 128%, compared to a nail without Locking Polymer.2,3,6
Nails designed with flats medially and laterally for a max width of 11.2mm to fit through narrow open box prostheses.7
1. DePuy Synthes RFNA Locking Polymer Rationale. 09/30/2020. Windchill Document #0000302368
2. DePuy Synthes RFNA Nail Inlay Axial Pullout Design Verification Report. 08/20/2020. Windchill Document #0000293479
3. DePuy Synthes RFNA Poly Inlay Angular Stability Test Report. 09/29/2020. Windchill Document #000306551
4. DePuy Synthes RFN-Advanced System Locking Attachment Washer Rationale. 09/30/2020. Windchill Document #0000302371
5. DePuy Synthes, RFNA Nail/LAW Static Construct Design Verification Report. 4/28/2020. Windchill #0000293480*
6. DePuy Synthes test result summary for Secure Retaining Screws. 08/17/2020. Windchill Document #0000295306*
7. DePuy Synthes RFN-Advanced System Nail TKA Fit Rationale. 09/30/2020. Windchill Document #0000302370
8. DePuy Synthes Advanced Nail System Instrument Summary. 09/30/2020. Windchill Document #0000302373 *Bench testing may not be indicative of clinical performance.
© DePuy Synthes 2021. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.