You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
S-ROM® NOILES™ Rotating Hinge Knee System
S-ROM® NOILES™ Rotating Hinge Knee System (NRH) is a clinically-proven1 hinge design for patients with severe soft tissue instability and/or bone deficiency. The system allows for optimal fit and fill for a wide range of bone deficiencies with the utilization of modular wedges, stem extensions, and metaphyseal sleeves.
Features & Benefits
Intra-operative flexibility. Address an array of patient needs. OR efficiency with common tibial base and preparation shared across multiple systems. Allows for bearing rotation that reduces torsional stresses on tibial base2.
Common MBT Revision Tibial Base Across Multiple Systems with Varying Levels of Implant Constraint
Modular porous sleeves accommodate bone defects of the Engh Type II and Type III. Intra-operative flexibility. Restores varying patient anatomies.
Press-Fit or Cemented Stem Offerings
Meet patient needs. Provides varying options for intramedullary fixation of components.
1. Jones, R. "Management of Complex Revision Problems with a Modular Total Knee System." Orthopedics, 19 September 1996: 802-804.
2. Bottlang, M. et al. "A Mobile-bearing Knee Prosthesis Can Reduce Strain at the Proximal Tibia." Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 447 June 2006: 105-111.
Indications for Use
The S-ROM® NOILES™ Rotating Hinge Knee is indicated for use with PMMA bone cement in primary or revision cases in patients:
- who have reached skeletal maturity and
- for whom the surgeon has decided to resect both cruciate ligaments or whose cruciate ligaments are absent or incompetent and
- who exhibit insufficiency of lateral/collateral ligaments and other soft supporting tissue due to the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, post-traumatic arthritis, and arthritis
- Secondary to a variety of diseases and anomalies
- Failure of a previous knee reconstruction procedure
© DePuy Synthes 2019. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.