You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
Shoulder Extraction Instruments
Introducing the orthopaedic industry’s first dedicated Shoulder Extraction Instrument set. DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction has created this set of instruments to help address obstacles encountered during revision shoulder arthroplasty. These instruments are designed to provide for a confident component removal with various instruments aiding in cement removal, component removal, and bone restoration.
Features & Benefits
Glenoid Graft Tamp - Used to pack graft in central glenoid defects (sized for 48mm glenoid).
Humeral Bone Clamp - Helps protect humeral osteotomy and allows the positioning of a new humeral stem. Also helps when placing cerclages to reconstruct humeral osteotomy.
Cable Passer - Used to aid in the reconstruction of proximal humeral osteotomy.
- Osteotome Handle - May be used along with interchangeable flexible osteotome blades.
- Slotted Mallet - Used alongside various other instruments in this system.
- Straight Osteotomes - Used to help create a humeral osteotomy when needed during a revision surgery.
- Cement Splitter - Allows cutting and also separating cement from the bone once the humeral component has been removed. This instrument should be used with care, as bone can be softer than cement.
- Cement Separator - Used to separate cement from bone.
- Cement Rongeur - Aids in removing small pieces of cement from the humeral canal.
- Humeral Drills and Guides - Used to drill distal cement in the humeral canal. 3.2, 4.5, and 6.5mm sizes are provided to sequentially increase hole diameter. Drills fit in the stepped and long humeral drill guides. The largest drill diameter correlates with the diameter of the 6mm cement curette. The guides also help when drilling cement plugs in order to remove them.
- Cement Curettes - Can be used to remove cement from the humeral diaphysis and also to remove cement in the distal humeral canal. The diameter of the curette is 6mm, so after drilling with the 6.5mm drill, the curette can be passed through to the cement mantle to help remove the distal cement.
- Threaded Plug Extractor - Used to remove distal cement stoppers. It can be used through the drill guides to perfectly place it in the plug.
- Head Extractor- May be used in the removal of humeral head components.
- Head Removal Fork - Aids in the removal of the humeral head components of anatomic prosthesis.
- Anterior Glenoid Chisels - Designed to preserve maximum glenoid bone stock while aiding in the removal of glenoid components.
- Thin Tip Rongeur - May be used to remove the proximal cement mantle around the humeral stem.
- Needle Nose Pliers - Used to remove small pieces of cement.
- Small Locking Pliers - May be used to aid in the removal of a metaglene component.
- Universal Slap Hammer - Attaches and gives leverage to the locking pliers, head removal tool, and forked extractors. The handle is oval-shaped to reduce “roll” on the back table.
- Forked Stem Extractor (Wide) - Used to remove anatomic humeral stems with collars. This instrument attaches to the Universal Slap Hammer.
- Forked Stem Extractor (Narrow) - If the stem has lateral fin geometry that will not accommodate the Wide Forked Extractor, the Narrow Forked Extractor can be used instead. This instrument attaches to the Universal Slap Hammer.
No available references for this product.
WARNING: This product has labeling limitations. See package insert for complete information.
© DePuy Synthes 2020. All Rights Reserved. This site is published by the DePuy Synthes Companies, which are solely responsible for its content. This site is governed solely by applicable U.S. laws and governmental regulations. This site is for visitors from the United States. The third party trademarks used herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.