You are about to leave jnjmedicaldevices.com. By clicking to continue, you will be taken to a web site governed by their own Legal and Privacy Policies.
STRATAFIX™ Symmetric PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device
STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Device is a barbed suture that provides greater efficiency1,9 and wound-closing strength2,10 for a variety of open, laparoscopic, and robot-assisted procedures.
Features & Benefits
STRATAFIX™ barbed sutures can close wounds substantially faster than using an interrupted technique, resulting in significant time savings in the OR.9
STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Devices demonstrated superior tissue holding strength compared to interrupted technique with Coated VICRYL® (polyglactin 910) Suture, continuous technique with PDS® 5 (polydioxanone) Suture, and V-Loc™ 180 Wound Closure Device.23,4
- Compared to interrupted technique with traditional sutures.
- Compared to interrupted technique with Coated VICRYL® (polyglactin 910) Suture and continuous technique with PDS® II (polydioxanone) Suture in fascia, and V-Loc™ 180 Wound Closure Device in subcutaneous tissue, in an ex vivo model.
- In an ex vivo model.
- Superior to VICRYL® and PDS® in fascia. Superior to V-Loc™ in subcutaneous tissue.
- 21 RCTs, 6462 patients, 95% CI: (14, 40%), P<0.001.
- All triclosan-coated sutures in these RCTs were Ethicon Plus Antibacterial Sutures (MONOCRYL® Plus Antibacterial [poliglecaprone 25] Suture, Coated VICRYL® Plus Antibacterial [polyglactin 910] Suture, and PDS® Plus Antibacterial [polydioxanone] Suture).
- Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus epidermidis (MRSE), Escherichia coli, and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Refers only to STRATAFIX Symmetric PDS Plus Device, STRATAFIX™ Spiral PDS™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device, and STRATAFIX™ Spiral MONOCRYL™ Plus Knotless Tissue Control Device.
- Greenberg J, Goldman R. Barbed suture: a review of the technology and clinical uses in obstetrics and gynecology. Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2013;6(3-4):107-115.
- Nonnenman H. 100326296: Time zero tissue holding – Competitive claims comparisons for STRATAFIX Knotless Tissue Control Devices vs various products. 2015. Ethicon, Inc.
- Bhende S, Burkley D, Nawrocki J. In vivo and in vitro anti-bacterial efficacy of absorbable barbed polydioxanone monofilament tissue control device with triclosan. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2018;19(4):430-437.
- de Jonge SW, Atema JJ, Solomkin JS, Boermeester MA. Meta-analysis and trial sequential analysis of triclosan-coated sutures for the prevention of surgical-site infection. Br J Surg. 2017;104(2):e118-e133.
© Ethicon US, LLC. 2019.
For complete indications, contraindications, warnings, precautions, and adverse reactions, please reference full package insert.
This site is published by Ethicon US, LLC, which is solely responsible for its contents, and is intended for U.S. audiences only.
This site is intended for Healthcare Professionals. If you are a patient, it is important that you discuss information about the benefits and risks of products with your doctor.
Last updated February 20, 2019. The third-party trademarks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners. Data and usage fees may apply. See your carrier for more information.